Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Command to get Disk Adapter details in AIX Post 302506008 by sboots on Friday 18th of March 2011 08:32:12 AM
Old 03-18-2011
If you want to get performance statistics for a period of time just set up nmon to capture to a file for every 30 seconds or so for 24 hours, or however long you want. Then parse it through nmon analyzer and you can get a nice report on your entire systems utlization.

Code:
nmon -f -s 30 -c 2880

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Details on available disk

Hi everybody.. I am looking for an alternative command to 'format' since this is allowed only to the root user. How do I do to get the same information as command format does here below ? AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0. c0t0d0 <SUN146G cyl 14087 alt 2 hd 24 sec 848> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
4 Replies

2. AIX

details of installed AIX

Is there anyway, we can find the details of the AIX installed like version, h/w config, subsets loaded, patches loaded? Mugundan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdarm
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Disk space details from Unix to Outlook

Hi Friends, I am using sun Solaris . I want to find the disk space (df -k) for the Unix box and the data has to be sent to an email id. Can u please find me a code that checks the disk space 6 times a day, loads the data into an excel sheet and sends to an email id. Can u also tell me how to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridharnr
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Need Hard Disk Details

Hi freinds, What is the command to find out the hard disk details (logical name, FS type etc,). Because i connected one ntfs partition and i don't know the hard disk logical and physical name to mount it.Kindly do the needful. Thanks | P.Bharathiraja. :mad: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathiraja
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

storage disk details

Hi, We have a OEL5.7 installed and which has a storage attached on it. While running application it shows poor performance for Disk IO "dm-0" Now the question is how do I find what exactly is "dm-0" # iostat Linux 2.6.32-100.23.1.el5 03/10/2012 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrshah64
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX

Hi, I need to monitor the disk space details in HP-UX . I need a command on how to display the information on below format File System Total_Space_KB Used_Space_KB Available_Space_KB %Used /u05 524288000 376235344 138799427 73% /u02 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
0 Replies

7. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies

8. AIX

AIX - Fibre Adapter and IBM Storage

Hello, Just a quick question Usually from a PSERIES if you want to connect to IBM SAN Storage you connect the IBM SAN Storage through a SAN Switch something like this --- however my question Can you connect from Pseries directly to San Storage without SAN Switch what would be... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
8 Replies

9. AIX

Misconfiguration detected Adapter interface name en 3 Adapter offset 0

Hi, We had a hardware problem with an IBM System p5 server, with AIX 5.2 We restore from a tape the last backup we had, but the server does not boot up as expected. The server try to mount some directories from a storage, but could not comunicate with them, we check the FC and everything is... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: trevian3969
12 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

AIX errpt : ( E7A89C7D Local adapter disabled after unstable singleton for long time )

Medel : 9117-MMC OS: AIX 6.1 Patch level : 6100-07-04-1216 Hacmp version : HACMP v 6.1.0.8 Oracle : 11.2.0.3 RAC Node : 2 node Dear, my one node server has been restarted early this morning, So, i tried to start HA and Oracle database. after that, the follow error appears at the node... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomato00
1 Replies
sg_get_cpu_stats(3)					     Library Functions Manual					       sg_get_cpu_stats(3)

NAME
sg_get_cpu_stats, sg_get_cpu_stats_diff, sg_get_cpu_percents - get cpu usage SYNOPSIS
#include <statgrab.h> sg_cpu_percents *sg_get_cpu_percents(void); sg_cpu_stats *sg_get_cpu_stats(void); sg_cpu_stats *sg_get_cpu_stats_diff(void); DESCRIPTION
sg_get_cpu_stats() and sg_get_cpu_stats_diff() both return static pointers of type sg_cpu_stats. sg_get_cpu_stats() returns the total amount of "ticks" the operating system has spent in each of the different states. sg_get_cpu_stats_diff() returns the difference in "ticks" for each of the states since last time sg_get_cpu_stats_diff() or sg_get_cpu_stats() was called. If it has never been called, it will return the result of sg_get_cpu_stats(). The value stored (the "ticks") will vary between operating systems. For example Solaris has a total of 100 per second, while Linux has sub- stantially more. Also, different operating systems store different information - you won't find nice cpu on Solaris for example. Because of this, you will ideally always want to work on a scale against the total, or in percentages. sg_get_cpu_percents() returns a pointer to a static sg_cpu_percents. The function calls sg_get_cpu_stats_diff() and changes the values into percentages. If it has never been called before (and nor has sg_get_cpu_stats() or sg_get_cpu_stats_diff()), the returned percentages will be the systems total ever since its uptime. (Unless the counters have cycled) RETURN VALUES
There are two structures returned by the CPU statistics functions. typedef struct{ long long user; long long kernel; long long idle; long long iowait; long long swap; long long nice; long long total; time_t systime; }sg_cpu_stats; typedef struct{ float user; float kernel; float idle; float iowait; float swap; float nice; time_t time_taken; }sg_cpu_percents; user kernel idle iowait swap nice The different CPU states. systime time_taken The time taken in seconds since the last call of the function, or the system time. SEE ALSO
statgrab(3) WEBSITE
http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/ i-scream $Date: 2005/04/25 11:25:45 $ sg_get_cpu_stats(3)