Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with replace character based on specific location Post 302505948 by pravin27 on Friday 18th of March 2011 04:57:11 AM
Old 03-18-2011
Try this,
Your reffile column should match with input_file.txt. I have added lowercase(lc). Hope this will resolved your problem.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

my %ref_h;
my (@refdata,@ar);
my ($start,$end,$format,$col);

open(RF,"<","reffile") or  die "Fail-$!\n";
while (<RF>) {
chomp;
@refdata=split;
push (@{$refdata[0]},$refdata[1],$refdata[2]);
$ref_h{lc $refdata[0]}=\@{$refdata[0]}
}
close(RF);

open(DF,"<","/tmp/input_file.txt") or die "Fail-$!\n";
while (<DF>){
        chomp;
        if (/^\>/) {
        ($col=$_)=~s/\>//g;
        next unless exists $ref_h{lc $col} ;
        print "$_\n";
        next;
        }
        $index=$#{$col};
        for ($k=0;$k<=$index;$k++) {
        $start=$ref_h{lc $col}[$k];
        $end=$ref_h{lc $col}[++$k];
        substr($_,($start-1),($end-$start+1))="X" x ($end-$start);
        }
        print $_,"\n";
        $start=0;$end=0;$index=0;
}
close(DF);

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace specific character , if possible using sed

My script is extracting data from SQl session, however sometimes the result contains one or multiple space after/before any numerical value. e,g . "123","1 34","1 3 45", "43 5" How to remove these unwanted spaces..so that I can get the following result : "123","134",1345","435" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces at a specific Location

Hello All, I have a comma separated file which needs to be loaded to the database. But, I need to trim the white spaces for a specific column before its loaded. Below is the sample line from the input file: 690,690,0575,"01011940","01011940", , , , , ,36720,36722,V2020,V2999,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a word at specific location

I'm try to change a the prohibit to aix for the lines starting with ssh and emagent and rest should be the same. Can anyone please suggest me how to do that using a shell script or sed passwd account required /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit passwd session required ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace certain character at specific place with related character

hello i have file with 100k records and each one has certain value that starts at 28th column and certain value that starts at 88th column e.g. 1st file <25>1234567 ..... <88> 8573785485 i have aditional file with values which are related to value that starts at 88th column of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell1520
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Parsing based on a character in a specific field

Hi All, I'm having a hard time finding a starting point for my issue. I have a 30k line file (fspsec.txt) that I would like to parse into smaller files based on any character existing in field 1. ACCOUNTANT LEVEL 1 (ACCT.ACCOUNTANT) OPERATORS: DOEJO (418) TOOLS: Branch Maintenance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aahlrich
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert character at specific location in a each line of the file

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script where it should insert character 'I' in 180th position of each line(except first and last line) of the file. Below is the script for file in /home/test/bharat/*.RET do # Process file echo "File Name=" $file #l_fileName="${file##*/}" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
19 Replies
Table(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						  Table(3)

NAME
Tk::Table - Scrollable 2 dimensional table of Tk widgets SYNOPSIS
use Tk::Table; $table = $parent->Table(-rows => number, -columns => number, -scrollbars => anchor, -fixedrows => number, -fixedcolumns => number, -takefocus => boolean); $widget = $table->Button(...); $old = $table->put($row,$col,$widget); $old = $table->put($row,$col,"Text"); # simple Label $widget = $table->get($row,$col); $cols = $table->totalColumns; $rows = $table->totalRows; $table->see($widget); $table->see($row,$col); ($row,$col) = $table->Posn($widget); DESCRIPTION
Tk::Table is an all-perl widget/geometry manager which allows a two dimensional table of arbitary perl/Tk widgets to be displayed. Entries in the Table are simply ordinary perl/Tk widgets. They should be created with the Table as their parent. Widgets are positioned in the table using: $table->put($row,$col,$widget) If $widget is not a reference it is treated as a string, and a Lable widget is created with the string as its text. All the widgets in each column are set to the same width - the requested width of the widest widget in the column. Likewise, all the widgets in each row are set to the same height - the requested height of the tallest widget in the column. A number of rows and/or columns can be marked as 'fixed' - and so can serve as 'headings' for the remainder the rows which are scrollable. The requested size of the table as a whole is such that the number of rows specified by -rows (default 10), and number of columns specified by -columns (default 10) can be displayed. If the Table is told it can take the keyboard focus then cursor and scroll keys scroll the displayed widgets. The Table will create and manage its own scrollbars if requested via -scrollbars. The table can be emptied using $table->clear the widgets which were in the table are destroyed. The Tk::Table widget is derived from a Tk::Frame, so inherits all its configure options. BUGS
/ Snags / Possible enhancements o Very large Tables consume a lot of X windows. o No equivalent of pack's -anchor/-pad etc. options SEE ALSO
Tk::grid, Tk::HList, Tk::TableMatrix, Tk::MListbox, Tk::Columns perl v5.12.1 2007-11-08 Table(3)