Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Edit file content at the specific line. Post 302505946 by ctsgnb on Friday 18th of March 2011 04:51:09 AM
Old 03-18-2011
another shorter sed :

Code:
sed '2s/$/ anyword/' infile > outfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to edit the content of a file

Hi I need some help using shell script to edit a file. My original file has the following format: /txt/email/myemail.txt /txt/email/myemail2.txt /pdf/email/myemail.pdf /pdf/email/myemail2.pdf /doc/email/myemail.doc /doc/email/myemail2.doc I need to read each line. If the path is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiger99
3 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Edit the file content and create new file

I have a requirement, which is as follows *. Folder contains list of xmls. Script has to create new xml files by copying the existing one and renaming it by appending "_pre.xml" at the end. *. Each file has multiple <Name>fileName</Name> entry. The script has to find the first occurance of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudesh.ach
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Check & Edit Content of a file (Addition of comma in each lines of code)

Hi all, I need to write an automated bash shell script which performs such operations: 1. Grep the header of everyline with the initial of "T" in "FILE_A" 2. Perform a for loop, Count the numbers of comma in the line of code, if (no. of comma < 17) ADD the comma until 17; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: big_nutz
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit specific variable in file?

HI guys i have a question. Question 1: how do i modify a particular string? e.g echo "Please enter Book Title: " read a echo "Please enter Author: " read b if ] then echo " Record found!" which will then pop out a menu with the follow output 1. Update Name 2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ichar
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to print the file content from the specific line

Hi All, I would like to print the content from the specific line of a file . For example... i have file abc.txt which has 100 lines of code ,from this file i would like to print the content from 20,19,18th line......like that Regards Srikanth (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deny to edit a specific file in sudoers

How do I deny a user to edit a specific file in directory but the user will have a capability to use sudo and execute any command? I will just deny him/her to edit sayy 5files in different directories in linux? example. He cannot edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and /etc/sshd.config? Then the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific line in an html file starting and ending with specific pattern to a text file

Hi This is my first post and I'm just a beginner. So please be nice to me. I have a couple of html files where a pattern beginning with "http://www.site.com" and ending with "/resource.dat" is present on every 241st line. How do I extract this to a new text file? I have tried sed -n 241,241p... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: dejavo
13 Replies
MAKE_SOCKDFC(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)

NAME
make_sockdfc - Generates frozen configuratyion file for SOCKS server SYNOPSIS
make_sockdfc [infile [outfile] ] DESCRIPTION
make_sockdfc reads in a plain-text configuration file for the SOCKS server and produces a frozen configuration file as the output. Both arguments are optional. The default for infile is /etc/sockd.conf; the default for outfile is /etc/sockd.fc. You may specify infile while omitting outfile, but you cannot specify outfile without also speficying infile. The contents of the frozen configuration file is essentially the memory image of the parsed input file. Using the frozen configuration file can reduce the start-up delay of the SOCKS server program since it no longer has to parse the file contents. When the SOCKS server starts, it always looks for the frozen configuration file /etc/sockd.fc first. If that file is not found, it then tries to use the plain-text configuration file /etc/sockd.conf. If you use frozen configuration, you must remember to run make_sockdfc every time after you modify the plain-text file or the SOCKS server will continue to use the frozen file of a previous configuration. To find out the contents of a frozen configuration file, use dump_sockdfc. FILES
/etc/sockd.fc, /etc/sockd.conf SEE ALSO
dump_sockdfc(8), sockd.conf(5), sockd.fc(5) AUTHOR
Ying-Da Lee, yingda@best.com or yingda@esd.sgi.com May 6, 1996 MAKE_SOCKDFC(8)