Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to get fields in reverse order? Post 302505934 by cgkmal on Friday 18th of March 2011 04:09:50 AM
Old 03-18-2011
Hi suryanarayana,

Try with:
Code:
awk 'BEGIN{FS=OFS="|"}{print $2,$1}' inputfile
xyz|abc
567|123

Regards
This User Gave Thanks to cgkmal For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using sed and regex to reverse order???

so i have been trying to learn how to manipulate text on my own and have gotten stumped... let's say i have a text file that says (highly simplified): people ordinary How would swap the order of the words.. I know i need to use sed and some kind of back reference but cannot make it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urtherhoda
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort a file in reverse order

I a file with log entries... I want to sort it so that the last line in the file is first and the first line is last.. eg. Sample file 1 h a f 8 6 After sort should look like 6 8 f a h 1 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sort -reverse order

I need to sort the particular column only in reverse order how i can give it.. if i give the -r option the whole file is getting sorted in reverse order. 1st 2nd col 3rd C col 4th col 5th col ------------------------------------------- C... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivakumar.rj
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cut a field, but with reverse order

Hi Everyone, I have one a.txt: a b 001 c b b 002 c c c, not 002 c The output should be 001 002 002 If i use cut -f 3 -d' ', this does not work on the 3rd line, so i thought is any way to cut the field counting from the end? or any perl thing can do this?:confused: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print arguments in reverse order?

Hey all, How do I make a script print its arguments in reverse order? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclepickle1
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing fields in reverse order

command/script(apart from awk) to print the fields in reverse order that is last field has to come first and so on and first field has to go last Input store-id date sale ............. ............. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tsurendra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print in reverse order

Hi, I want to print the item in reverse order such that the output would look like 00 50 50 23 40 22 02 96 Below is the input: 00 05 05 32 04 22 20 69 Video tutorial on how to use code tags in The UNIX and Linux Forums. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting strings in reverse order

Hello, I have a large database of words and would like them sorted in reverse order i.e. from the end up. An example will make this clear: I have tried to write a program in Perl which basically takes the string from the end and tries to sort from that end but it does not seem... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete records in reverse order

Hi all, i have dynamic file 'xyz.txt', records always look likes below format ... 0000021 RET 31-MAR-1984 FAP 0000021 DTA 14-JAN-2003 CNV 0000021 DTA 25-MAR-2012 DTA 0000021 DTA 26-MAR-2012 DTA ################################################# 0000021 DTA ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krupasindhu18
4 Replies
set_color(1)							       fish							      set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)