Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Free PP Allocation problem
Operating Systems AIX Free PP Allocation problem Post 302505783 by broonster on Thursday 17th of March 2011 05:34:31 PM
Old 03-17-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kah00na
. Since your "/var/vio/VMLibrary" is only on hdisk1, shrinking that filesystem size will only free PPs on hdisk1.
But isn't my /var/vio/VMLibrary spread over both disks, 449 LPs on hdisk0 and 147 LPs on hdisk1?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Terminal Allocation Problem

Hello All, I am facing a problem on SCO Open Server V 5x, We are using serial communication on dumb terminals, right now i am facing a problem on some terminals, as they are not showing thier previous tty no, as tty13 or tty18, but they are showing ttya6 or ttya4, i also tried to move and link... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
5 Replies

2. Programming

Memory allocation problem

I have a program that will fetch some particular lines and store it in a buffer for further operations.The code which is given below works but with some errors.I couldn't trace out the error.Can anybody help on this plz?? #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include<string.h> #define... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
1 Replies

3. Programming

Is there a problem with the memory allocation???

I have a scenario like the client has to search for the active server.There will be many servers.But not all server are active.And at a time not more than one server will be active. The client will be in active state always i.e, it should always search for an active server until it gets one.I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vigneshinbox
1 Replies

4. Programming

dynamic allocation vs static allocation in c

i wrote a tiny version of tail command using a large buffer statically allocated but, in a second time, i found another version in which i use a bidimensional array dynamically allocated. here is the first version /*my tiny tail, it prints the last 5 line of a file */ #include<stdio.h>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasclaus
4 Replies

5. Solaris

MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free

Hi, I have a problem one of the server file system cross the limitation MountPoint / is 8% with 899.49MB free crossing threshold of 10% free out put please help how to resolve this dev/vx/dsk/bootdg/rootvol 9.8G 8.8G 956M 91% / /devices ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriniva0
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Block-based allocation and Extent-based allocation in Solaris

Hi guys! Could you tell me what's this figure about? (See the attached figure below.) This is a representation of block allocation filesystem and extent allocation filesystem in Solaris. Does this mean that in a block-based allocation, data are placed in individual blocks while in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arah
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Memory allocation problem

I am using ubuntu. I have written a program to calculate prime factors. it works perfectly fine till entered number is less than 9989 (or so ) but when one enters a number higher than that, for example 15000, it does not work. Can anyone guide me whats the problem ? although new codes are welcome,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abhishek_kumar
2 Replies
nets(4) 						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							   nets(4)

NAME
nets - JOIN DHCP server database DESCRIPTION
The nets file is employed by joind, the JOIN DHCP server, to tell it which networks to administer and the ranges of IP addresses available for dynamic assignment on each of those networks. FORMAT Blank lines and lines beginning with the number sign (#) are ignored. Entries are separated from one another by newline characters. Entries consist of three fields: the network number (expressed as an IP address), the IP address or name of a host running joind, which dynamically configures clients on the network, and a range of available addresses for dynamic allocation to hosts on the net. The range is expressed as a pair of IP addresses separated with a dash (-). There must be no whitespace separating the dash from the IP addresses. Several servers may administer a single network, and a single server may administer several networks. Each network-server pair may have several ranges of IP addresses available for dynamic allocation. The network and server IP addresses do not have to be repeated for each entry. A line containing a single field is assumed to be an IP range with the same server and network as the previous entry: a line of two fields is assumed to be a server address and IP range with the same network as the preceding entry. The ranges of addresses served by each cooperating server must be disjoint. This condition is checked by the server on startup. RELATED INFORMATION
joind(8), join.ipaddresses(4) delim off nets(4)