Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bourne Script, sorting and getting average of file Post 302505655 by DualPandas on Thursday 17th of March 2011 02:02:05 PM
Old 03-17-2011
cool thanks Smilie
so now it displays
Code:
Name    Exam1   Exam2   Exam3   0       0       F
Karen   25      28      12      65      21      D
Tom     23      12      30      65      21      D
Jane    31      25      19      75      25      C
Nick    33      30      15      78      26      C
Lisa    30      28      32      90      30      F
Jack    30      35      38      103     34      A
Brian   38      38      40      116     38      A

Any suggestions on how to remove the 0's up top and replace them with text saying Total, average, and grade?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bourne shell script need help please ?

i have this assignment.. and i mad this script but there is something wrong with it.. if anyone can tell me.. watz going on... i would appreciate it.. tHnX in advance.. count=1 val=$2 op=$1 ans=0 if then if then while do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dezithug
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bourne script

Hello There, I am trying to write this SIMPLE script in Bourne Shell but I keep on getting a blank response. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I am simply trying to take the day of the week from our system and when the teachers sign on I want them to see the message of the day, when they exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne script help

I need to make a small script that figures out if a filename that the user enters is a file or a directory. and if it is a directory, how many files are in it. please point me to the right direction, I am a newbie at this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Script help

Hey guys, I am trying to do a bourne script to look for c files in the current directory. I had it working where it finds the files and asks you to delete them or not, which works, but if there i no files, then it comes up with errors, which iam trying to get rid of. So I thought I would do a if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pits
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne script

Hey guys not sure why but when i execute the script i get the correct result but then it says command not found not sure why can anyone see anything wrong with my code below? I just want to print how much quota i have used in my home directory #!bin/sh `quota -v | grep ^/home | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average from CSV file using PERL script

Hi All I have this csv file and I need to calculate the average of FPS. FPS:27.7420, Interval:1314184238772 FPS:25.9798, Interval:1314184242646 FPS:27.4772, Interval:1314184246311 FPS:26.1623, Interval:1314184250159 FPS:26.4515, Interval:1314184253972 FPS:31.5896, Interval:1314184257163... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open a file from within a Bourne shell Script

I am suppose to make a program that cuts the extension off of a file. It uses that .ext to decide which program needs to be used to open the file. This only finds the name of the program from a list of programs I made. My problem is when it has the name of the program it needs to use, how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dordrix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load daily average I/O stats from a .ksh file into Oracle db

Hi can anyone help me with a script to load output of the .ksh file into an Oracle database. I have attached sample output of the information that i need to load to the database (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed: script for timely average from log file

Please repost your query: Help needed: script for timely average from log file - Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfs
0 Replies
Locale::Script(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 Locale::Script(3)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-03 Locale::Script(3)