Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bourne Script, sorting and getting average of file Post 302505647 by DualPandas on Thursday 17th of March 2011 01:38:20 PM
Old 03-17-2011
Thanks Smilie First I need to know how to get the script to calculate the average.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bourne shell script need help please ?

i have this assignment.. and i mad this script but there is something wrong with it.. if anyone can tell me.. watz going on... i would appreciate it.. tHnX in advance.. count=1 val=$2 op=$1 ans=0 if then if then while do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dezithug
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple bourne script

Hello There, I am trying to write this SIMPLE script in Bourne Shell but I keep on getting a blank response. Can you see what I am doing wrong? I am simply trying to take the day of the week from our system and when the teachers sign on I want them to see the message of the day, when they exe... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catbad
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bourne script help

I need to make a small script that figures out if a filename that the user enters is a file or a directory. and if it is a directory, how many files are in it. please point me to the right direction, I am a newbie at this. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bourne Script help

Hey guys, I am trying to do a bourne script to look for c files in the current directory. I had it working where it finds the files and asks you to delete them or not, which works, but if there i no files, then it comes up with errors, which iam trying to get rid of. So I thought I would do a if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pits
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with bourne script

Hey guys not sure why but when i execute the script i get the correct result but then it says command not found not sure why can anyone see anything wrong with my code below? I just want to print how much quota i have used in my home directory #!bin/sh `quota -v | grep ^/home | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: musicmancanora4
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate average from CSV file using PERL script

Hi All I have this csv file and I need to calculate the average of FPS. FPS:27.7420, Interval:1314184238772 FPS:25.9798, Interval:1314184242646 FPS:27.4772, Interval:1314184246311 FPS:26.1623, Interval:1314184250159 FPS:26.4515, Interval:1314184253972 FPS:31.5896, Interval:1314184257163... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayachop
24 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Open a file from within a Bourne shell Script

I am suppose to make a program that cuts the extension off of a file. It uses that .ext to decide which program needs to be used to open the file. This only finds the name of the program from a list of programs I made. My problem is when it has the name of the program it needs to use, how can I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dordrix
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk based script to find the average of all the columns in a data file

Hi All, I need the modification for the below mentioned code (found in one more post https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/27161-script-generate-average-values.html) to find the average values for all the columns(but for a specific rows) and print the averages side by side. I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to load daily average I/O stats from a .ksh file into Oracle db

Hi can anyone help me with a script to load output of the .ksh file into an Oracle database. I have attached sample output of the information that i need to load to the database (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LucyYani
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed: script for timely average from log file

Please repost your query: Help needed: script for timely average from log file - Thank you. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkfs
0 Replies
Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG(3pm)

NAME
Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG - Collect linux load average statistics. SYNOPSIS
use Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG; my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG->new; my $stat = $lxs->get; DESCRIPTION
Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG gathers the load average from the virtual /proc filesystem (procfs). For more information read the documentation of the front-end module Sys::Statistics::Linux. LOAD AVERAGE STATISTICS
Generated by /proc/loadavg. avg_1 - The average processor workload of the last minute. avg_5 - The average processor workload of the last five minutes. avg_15 - The average processor workload of the last fifteen minutes. METHODS
new() Call "new()" to create a new object. my $lxs = Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG->new; It's possible to set the path to the proc filesystem. Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG->new( files => { # This is the default path => '/proc', loadavg => 'loadavg', } ); get() Call "get()" to get the statistics. "get()" returns the statistics as a hash reference. my $stat = $lxs->get; EXPORTS
No exports. SEE ALSO
proc(5) REPORTING BUGS
Please report all bugs to <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. AUTHOR
Jonny Schulz <jschulz.cpan(at)bloonix.de>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006, 2007 by Jonny Schulz. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-09 Sys::Statistics::Linux::LoadAVG(3pm)