Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Two issues in make file, g++, gfortran Post 302505586 by drl on Thursday 17th of March 2011 10:44:07 AM
Old 03-17-2011
Hi.

Question 2:

You are testing HAVEgfortran in the second if sequence which will then (re)set FCOMP. I suggest making the first endif an else, and add another endif, say on a file "m2":
Code:
# Thu Mar 17 09:37:00 CDT 2011

HAVEgfortran := $(shell which gfortran)

ifeq "$(HAVEgfortran)" "/usr/bin/gfortran"
  FCOMP = gfortran
else
  ifeq "$(HAVEgfortran)" "/usr/local/bin/gfortran"
    FCOMP = gfortran
  else
    FCOMP = g77
  endif
endif

.PHONY: all

all:
	@echo " FCOMP is " $(FCOMP)

Then:
Code:
% make -f m2
 FCOMP is  gfortran

This User Gave Thanks to drl For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

AMBER md/g95/gfortran issue

Hi, i am trying to install AMBER10 which is a molecular dynamcis package onto two linux red hat pcs. I can successfully install the tools that comes with which uses gcc to compile, however AMBER10 requires either g95 or gfortran to compile. This is where the issue lies, i have installed both... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: olifu02
0 Replies

2. Programming

makeutility: how to get the make-file name inside of the make-file?

How I can get the current make-file name in a make-file So, if I run make with specified file:make -f target.mak is it possible to have the 'target' inside of the that 'target.mak' from the file name? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
2 Replies

3. Programming

Fortran 77 and gfortran

Hi! I have a program in fortran77. This program was compiled with pgf90, but now, I need compiled it with gfortran. I show a bit of code. program hello PARAMETER(a=100) integer a write(*,*)'value ', a end program hello What's the problem? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekaes
2 Replies

4. Programming

gfortran not connecting to system libraries

Hi ! I have one program made of several sub programs which I am trying to compile with gfortran on Fedora 14 in my system. The program was originally written in Fortran 77 and compilation command used to be - fort77 -O2 -f -w -o life life_com.f lifetime.f minuit.f tek_life.f utilities.f... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cylab123
0 Replies

5. Programming

f77 program on gfortran

Hi, I am trying to run a simple f77 program on gfortran. Program is as follows. program trial implicit real*8 (a-h,o-z) common/var/a(2),b,c(4),d a=(/0,0/) b=0 c=(/0,0,0,0/) d=0 call add(a,b,c,d) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anshulfy
1 Replies

6. Programming

Gfortran compiler options.

I am a INTEL fortran user recently migrated to linux and installed gfortran on my system. I run numerical models as part of my research. my question is on optimization of the fortran code. I used the - vectorize option to compile for reducing the run time considerably and was happy. But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: schamarthi1
1 Replies

7. Programming

Compilation problem with gfortran

Hello everyone, I'm trying since a few days to compile a f90 program with gfortran (on Ubuntu) with a makefile. The fortran program calls 2 routines written in C. Here is my makefile: FC = gfortran SFC = gfortran FFLAGS = -ffree-form -O... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: leroygr
21 Replies

8. Programming

gfortran 4.7, no support for qfloat?

I have code that works fine in ifort. But when trying to run on gfortran 4.7.1 (which does support quads and has no problem with real * 16) I can't cast an integer variable to a quad precision float (real*16) using something like: factq(i) = factq(i-1) * qfloat(i) Finding a list of the new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibrantcascade
2 Replies

9. Programming

Make and gmake issues

Hello I am working on a CPP code written for SUN CC 5.5 and make we used make to compile the code then it compilation went smooth now i am using gmake: I have a make file like this WSROOT=.. include $(WSROOT)/etc/wsmkinclude.common all: @for subdir in */Makefile; \ do \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Make and gmake issues

Hello I am working on a CPP code written for SUN CC 5.5 and make we used make to compile the code then it compilation went smooth now i am using gmake: I have a make file like this WSROOT=.. include $(WSROOT)/etc/wsmkinclude.common all: @for subdir in */Makefile; \ do \... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Revathi R
1 Replies
Locale::Language(3perl) 				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				   Locale::Language(3perl)

NAME
Locale::Language - standard codes for language identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Language; $lang = code2language('en'); # $lang gets 'English' $code = language2code('French'); # $code gets 'fr' @codes = all_language_codes(); @names = all_language_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Language" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying languages, such as those as defined in ISO 639. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639 two- letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying languages. The ones currently supported are: alpha-2 This is the set of two-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639, such as 'he' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_2". This is the default code set. alpha-3 This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) bibliographic codes from ISO 639, such as 'heb' for Hebrew. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_ALPHA_3". term This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) terminologic codes from ISO 639. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANG_TERM". ROUTINES
code2language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) language2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) language_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_language_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_language_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Language::rename_language ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Language::delete_language_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Language::rename_language_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::add_language_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Language::delete_language_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes Locale::Constants http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ Source of the ISO 639 codes. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2011 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-26 Locale::Language(3perl)