Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zenity function
Operating Systems Linux Zenity function Post 302505553 by mark54g on Thursday 17th of March 2011 08:19:06 AM
Old 03-17-2011
Are you trying to see the things that are somehow lower level than root? That won't work.

What are you actually trying to do?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity

Hi! does someone know how can I setup a zenity entry "box" such that comes with the data as default. like it appears an entry box already with the data but it can be modify. thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

zenity --question help

Hello I've a script where I've a zenity --question because I want to ask the user if he is sure that he wants to delete the file. The problem is, if the user says "OK" it deletes nad if the user says cancel it deletes :) How can I close the script if the user says cancel?? thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruben.rodrigues
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity Menu

I have some troubles with zenity and menu. I seach for: MAIN MENU CHOICE 1 "do something" CHOICE 2 "do something 2" CHOICE 3 "do something 3" But then in "do someghing " when i click i want to return to the MAIN MENU So something like: while true; do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aspire
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity and IF/ELSE cond'.

Hey guys i wrote this code but it wont give me anything. any ideas? ans=$(zenity --list --text "Do you want to set USER/GROUP quota?" --radiolist --column "Choice" --column "Desc" TRUE Hi FALSE Bye); echo $ans if ; then ./example.sh else exit fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplate07
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

file zenity

Hello, I have a script with zenity file, but I want to know the file name and path, but this way I just take the name of the file. fl1=`zenity --file-selection --title="Seleccionar fichero"` basename $fl1 .txt > temp nom=`cat temp` Thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uri_crack
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using an array with zenity

I got an array: for i in $(fdisk -l | awk '/Disk\ \/dev\/d/ { print $2 }') ; do drive_list="$i" # echo "$i" ((index++)) done #>/dev/nullI got this zenity code: grub_dev=$(zenity --list --title="Hard Drives" --text="Choose exactly one drive to use for the GRUB bootloader.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tornow
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity help

I have a large system housekeeping script, that I want to use with zenity. One of the processes will be to conduct a virus scan, which I can easily do with something like: clamscan -rv / | zenity --text-info --width 640 --height 640 The problem is that it needs user intervention by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stumpyuk
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zenity, While, and Conditions

All, I'm having fighting a losing battle with what I though would be simple. My goal is this: Show a zenity progress or info dialog until the system obtains an ip address, then close the dialog and continue through the rest of the script. Right now I've got the following: ip=`ifconfig |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: timbrammer91091
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Function to run a progress bar in zenity

First off, I'm a novice in bash... I'm trying to make a progress bar in zenity to show progress of a file download. When complete, the progress bar should exit. I'm using a function for the progress bar. Any help appropriated. My code is : #!/bin/bash progress_bar() { ( while : do #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: allen11
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

New to Linux, using zenity need some help

Hello all, I am using zenity for my final project in class and need some help. I am trying to create a text based game and in this game you pick up items, I want to store those items in a .txt file and be able to recall them later and remove a SPECIFIC item from the list after it has been... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: papgizmet
4 Replies
Level(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						Level(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Destruct::Level - Allow to change perl's destruction level SYNOPSIS
use Perl::Destruct::Level level => 1; my $current_destruct_level = Perl::Destruct::Level::get_destruct_level(); DESCRIPTION
This module allows to change perl's internal destruction level. The default value of the destruct level is 0; it means that perl won't bother destroying all its internal data structures, but let the OS do the cleanup for it at exit. For perls built with debugging support ("-DDEBUGGING"), an environment variable "PERL_DESTRUCT_LEVEL" allows to control the destruction level. This modules enables to modify it on non-debugging perls too. Relevant values recognized by perl are 1 and 2. Consult your source code to know exactly what they mean. Note that some embedded environments might extend the meaning of the destruction level for their own purposes: mod_perl does that, for example. CAVEATS
This module won't work when used from within an END block. Loading the "threads" module will set the destruction level to 2. (This is to enable spawned threads to properly cleanup their objects.) Loading modules that load "threads", even if they don't spawn threads, will also set the destruction level to 2. (A common example of such a module is "Test::Builder".) AUTHOR
Copyright (c) 2007 Rafael Garcia-Suarez. This program is free software; you may redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
perlrun, perlhack perl v5.14.2 2007-12-03 Level(3pm)