Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Python subprocess module
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python subprocess module Post 302505524 by erick_tuk on Thursday 17th of March 2011 06:27:59 AM
Old 03-17-2011
TESTPATH as the name implies is a string containing a path to a binary, it's not a unix command (I wrote it), serviceName,rdir,masterAcct,persona,passwd are variables (strings) like:
rdir = 'hostname.con'
masterAcct = 'guy01'
and so on...

I just managed to get it working like this:
Code:
subprocess.Popen([TESTPAHT, '-s', serviceName, '-r', rdir, '-m', masterAcct, '-p', persona, '-P', passwd])

Please advice, should I use SHELL=true or false?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for a Python CLI module

When I say "Command Line Interface" I mean the wrapper that allows you to type "commands" and have then correspond to pre-programmed actions... all the while making sure that it looks like you are INSIDE a shell of sorts. I had good hope for "common.cli" but that didnt last long, when I found... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjinno
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

python: what's wrong with my subprocess.Popen

my script is #!/usr/bin/env python import datetime import subprocess import sys import os import signal from time import sleep def runForAWhile(cmd, secs=10): print("running %s" % cmd) timeout = datetime.timedelta(seconds=secs) print timeout proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

suggest a python module for automation..

Im planning to automate my testcases. Please suggest me a python module that will ease my automation scripting. General steps involved in the testcase execution: (all steps below are done in linux machine) 1) start the application under test (AUT) 2) connect to oracle/ms sql db and update... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
1 Replies

4. Programming

Web browser module in python

Hi, I am trying to multiple urls in multiple tabs within a browser window. I am using webbrowser module in python: My code: import webbrowser li = for url in li: webbrowser.open_new_tab(url) This code works fine, if the browser is already opened. If the browser is not started... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xterm using python subprocess

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script using subprocess in python. I can run simple script with arguments using subprocess.But I am not able to embed xterm in subrocess command. #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess subprocess.call() Above code gives me error. Please help me in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python subprocess

Hi guys, I'm learning python and perl and i was trying to run from python a perl script using the subprocess module. I have an issue that i don't understand regarding this. I run this code: #!/usr/bin/python import subprocess p2 = subprocess.Popen(,stdout=subprocess.PIPE) output2 =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: capitanui
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python-rrdtool try except rrdtool.error module object has no attribute error

I have this code that gives this error on Linux and will be grateful if you can help import rrdtool try: ret_asd = rrdtool.update(myfile.rrd,'N:%s:%s' %(metric1, metric2)); except rrdtool.error, e: print e When i run the above i get the below error except... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
1 Replies

8. Programming

Pandas vs Python CSV module

I was wondering is there any occasion where csv module will be desired over pandas. I skipped learning csv module and jumped right into the beautiful pandas and its magical ability to manipulate data. Dataframes are beautiful! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
2 Replies

9. Programming

[Python] - subprocess issue

So I have this basic script, see below import subprocess import shlex command = "gcloud projects list" subprocess.check_output(shlex.split(command)) subprocess.check_call(shlex.split(command)) The subprocess.check_call(shlex.split(command)) actually return what I expect. It returns... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: scj2012
6 Replies
mkpwdict(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      mkpwdict(1M)

NAME
mkpwdict - maintain password-strength checking database SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/mkpwdict [-s dict1,... ,dictN] [-d destination-path] DESCRIPTION
The mkpwdict command adds words to the dictionary-lookup database used by pam_authtok_check(5) and passwd(1). Files containing words to be added to the database can be specified on the command-line using the -s flag. These source files should have a single word per line, much like /usr/share/lib/dict/words. If -s is omitted, mkpwdict will use the value of DICTIONLIST specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The database is created in the directory specified by the -d option. If this option is omitted, mkpwdict uses the value of DICTIONDBDIR specified in /etc/default/passwd (see passwd(1)). The default location is /var/passwd. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -s Specifies a comma-separated list of files containing words to be added to the dictionary-lookup database. -d Specifies the target location of the dictionary-database. FILES
/etc/default/passwd See passwd(1). /var/passwd default destination directory ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
passwd(1), attributes(5), pam_authtok_check(5) SunOS 5.10 1 Jun 2004 mkpwdict(1M)