Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: A complex sed statement
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting A complex sed statement Post 302505504 by Shell_Learner on Thursday 17th of March 2011 05:18:42 AM
Old 03-17-2011
There are two lines...

The output shoould be

Sort
And the sort

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Sed/Awk Question?

Hello, So i have this file called /apps/turnout which looks like that of the contents of the /etc/shadow (but not exactly) the file has a long list in it. basically, the contents of this file looks something similar to the following: jajajajalala:D#$#AFVAdfda lalabavisof:#%R@fafla#$... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex sed replacement

Hi, I have a file that I would like to translate using sed. I can do some basic sed commands, but Im afraid this level is beyond me. I have this file - ...alter... .. ...65536... ... ...65536... ... ...alter... ... ...65536... etc What I would like to do is replace the first... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: one_ring99
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Double Spacing complex sed pipeline

my script: FILE="$1" echo "You Entered $FILE" if ; then tmp=$(cat $FILE | sed '/./!d' | sed -n '/regex/,/regex/{/regex/d;p}'| sed -n '/---/,+2!p' | sed -n '/#/!p' | sed 's/^*//' | sed -e\ s/*:// | sed -n '/==> /!p' | sed -n '/--> /!p' | sed -n '/regex/,+1!p' | sed -n '/======/!p' | sed -n... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omgsomuchppl
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED complex string replacement

sed -i 's:"ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep":"ps -C java -o pid,cmd | grep ${SERVER_NAME} | cut -d' ' -f1 | grep -v grep":g' scriptName That's what I'm attempting to do. I'm attempting to replace this: ps -ef | grep $(cat $PID_FILE) | grep -v grep with this: ps -C java -o... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl : semi complex if statement question

Hi there I am trying to write an if statement in perl that will return "SUCCESS" if either of these conditions are true a) if $changes is greater than 5 AND the $force flag is set to 1 OR b) if $changes is greater than 0 AND $changes is less than 6 #!/usr/bin/perl -w my $force =... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed: How to modify files in a complex way

Hello, I am new to sed and hope that someone can help me with the following task. I need to modify a txt file which has format like this: xy=CreateDB|head.queue|head.source|head.definition|rtf.edit|rtf.task|rft.cut abc|source|divine|line4|5|true into something like: head.queue=abc... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkypunky
19 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Complex If statement

can anyone please explain my below statement, i am confused. if || \ || \ || \ || then (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kd09714
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

complex if statement syntax without using 'if ..' keyword in ksh.

It saves me lot of typing and space/lines when I do not use full 'if' keyword and construct, instead use .. && <statement> || <statement> that perfectly replaces.. if ; then <statement> else <statement> fi Can I use following syntax when I want to add multiple statements under 'if'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Update statement into Insert statement in UNIX using awk, sed....

Hi folks, I have a scenario to convert the update statements into insert statements using shell script (awk, sed...) or in database using regex. I have a bunch of update statements with all columns in a file which I need to convert into insert statements. UPDATE TABLE_A SET COL1=1 WHERE... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev123
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Complex Filter using grep, awk or sed

Hi, I'm not very familiar witrh sed or awk and hope the somebody can help me to solve my problem. I need to filter a text report using grep, sed or awk. I would like to cut out text lines with the pattern INFO and if exists the following lines of the pattern DETAILS. I need te keep the lines with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frankg
4 Replies
Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Control::Sort - Server Side Sort (SSS) control object SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Control::Sort; use Net::LDAP::Constant qw(LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT); $sort = Net::LDAP::Control::Sort->new( order => "cn -phone" ); $mesg = $ldap->search( @args, control => [ $sort ]); ($resp) = $mesg->control( LDAP_CONTROL_SORTRESULT ); print "Results are sorted " if $resp and !$resp->result; DESCRIPTION
"Net::LDAP::Control::Sort" is a sub-class of Net::LDAP::Control. It provides a class for manipulating the LDAP Server Side Sort (SSS) request control 1.2.840.113556.1.4.473 as defined in RFC-2891 If the server supports sorting, then the response from a search operation will include a sort result control. This control is handled by Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult. CONSTRUCTOR ARGUMENTS
order A string which defines how entries may be sorted. It consists of multiple directives, separated by whitespace. Each directive describes how to sort entries using a single attribute. If two entries have identical attributes, then the next directive in the list is used. Each directive specifies a sorting order as follows -attributeType:orderingRule The leading "-" is optional, and if present indicates that the sorting order should be reversed. "attributeType" is the attribute name to sort by. "orderingRule" is optional and indicates the rule to use for the sort and should be valid for the given "attributeType". Any one attributeType should only appear once in the sorting list. Examples "cn" sort by cn using the default ordering rule for the cn attribute "-cn" sort by cn using the reverse of the default ordering rule "age cn" sort by age first, then by cn using the default ordering rules "cn:1.2.3.4" sort by cn using the ordering rule defined as 1.2.3.4 METHODS
As with Net::LDAP::Control each constructor argument described above is also available as a method on the object which will return the current value for the attribute if called without an argument, and set a new value for the attribute if called with an argument. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, Net::LDAP::Control::SortResult, Net::LDAP::Control, http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2891.txt AUTHOR
Graham Barr <gbarr@pobox.com> Please report any bugs, or post any suggestions, to the perl-ldap mailing list <perl-ldap@perl.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-07-21 Net::LDAP::Control::Sort(3)