Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting another cal command question. Post 302505369 by rontopia on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 07:16:53 PM
Old 03-16-2011
you are a genus.. thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command

I am trying to configure the cal command to recognize the month names. When you type: cal - you get the calander for the current month of the current year. Is there a way of making the system recognize March, and Mar. So I could type: cal March or cal mar and get the same response as cal.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
5 Replies

2. AIX

doubt in cal command

I am new to unix... How to get all the saturdays of a specific year? for a specific month, i tried as below.. cal 02 2006 | awk '{print $7}' but it is not giving all saturdays.... can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance, Sumi (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumi
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Julian Dates and the Cal command

hey all, I was wondering if it was possible to get the julian date with the cal command. I know that the "-j" option will display it, however, i need the Julian Date of a specific date, in number. For example, the User would enter their age like 19800101 or YYYMMDD, like so. This info... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shan2on
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command display issues

I am using AIX version 5.3 I like the cal function because I can print a nice concise view of the calendar for the whole year. I want the calendar to display with 3 months across instead of 2, which is what is happening. My terminal display is set with 67 rows and 140 columns so that should... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruddydaggerwing
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal question

This probably would be a cake walk for you, but i am having trouble with this. I am trying to print every tuesday of the month from cal, and the FS default is space. There is one row that has few spaces at the beginning and so when i print $3, those spaces get ingnored and a different day gets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing return from cal command

Jim , Anyone I do not have GNU date Besides I am particularly interested in how one can parse the return from the cal command. Say do - cal 11 2008 - and parse out a given date, say the 8th and return that the 8th was Saturday. ( diffrentiating between S for Saturday and Sunday , also in the case... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragrid
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cal command

Hello, I wanted to display calender for the previou, current and next month in a single command... I used the command cal -3 for this. But its throwing me a Bad Argument error. I am using HP UX to execute this command. Is this a syntax error, or let me know if there any other ways to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atlantis
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify cal command in shell script

Plz help me a) To display on the screen the sorted output of "who" along with the total no. of users. b) the same output (except the no. of users) should be in file FILE1. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivasaini
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command in UNIX

modify "cal " command to display calenders of the specified months. $ cal jan....aug (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssaini
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cal command to display 5 months ?

Hi, I'm curious to know if we can display 5 months of a calendar using the cal command. I know we can three successive months (cal -3) but I wanted to know if we can do it with 5 months for example. (Give a specific month, and get as a result two previous months + the month in question + two... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imane
12 Replies
Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily - Sequence Family object SYNOPSIS
use Bio::SeqIO; use Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily; use File::Spec; my $file = File::Spec->catfile('t','data','swiss.dat'); my $seqio= Bio::SeqIO->new(-format => 'swiss', -file => $file); my @mem; while(my $seq = $seqio->next_seq){ push @mem, $seq; } #create the family my $family = Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily->new( -family_id=>"Family_1", -description=>"Family Description Here", -annotation_score=>"100", -members=>@mem); #access the family foreach my $mem ($family->get_members){ print $mem->display_id." ".$mem->desc." "; } #select members if members have a Bio::Species Object my @mem = $family->get_members(-binomial=>"Homo sapiens"); @mem = $family->get_members(-ncbi_taxid => 9606); @mem = $family->get_members(-common_name=>"Human"); @mem = $family->get_members(-species=>"sapiens"); @mem = $family->get_members(-genus=>"Homo"); DESCRIPTION
This is a simple Family object that may hold any group of object. For more specific families, one should derive from FamilyI. FEEDBACK
Email bioperl-l@bioperl.org for support and feedback. Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Shawn Hoon Email shawnh@fugu-sg.org APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a "_". new Title : new Usage : my $family = Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily->new( -family_id=>"Family_1", -description=>"Family Description Here", -annotation_score=>"100", -members=>@mem); Function: Constructor for SequenceFamily object Returns : Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily object See Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily. version Title : version Usage : $family->version("1.0"); Function: get/set for version Returns : a string version of the family generated. annotation_score Title : annotation_score Usage : $family->annotation_score(100); Function: get/set for annotation_score which represent the confidence in which the consensus description has been assigned to the family. Returns : Bio::SimpleAlign See Bio::SimpleAlign alignment Title : alignment Usage : $family->alignment($align); Function: get/set for an alignment object representing the multiple alignment of the members of the family. Returns : Bio::SimpleAlign See Bio::SimpleAlign tree Title : tree Usage : $family->tree($tree); Function: get/set for an tree object representing the phylogenetic tree of the family. Returns : Bio::Tree See Bio::Tree Bio::Cluster::FamilyI methods family_score Title : family_score Usage : Bio::Cluster::FamilyI->family_score(95); Function: get/set for the score of algorithm used to generate the family if present This is aliased to cluster_score(). Returns : the score Args : the score family_id Title : family_id Usage : $family->family_id("Family_1"); Function: get/set for family id This is aliased to display_id(). Returns : a string specifying identifier of the family Bio::ClusterI methods display_id Title : display_id Usage : Function: Get/set the display name or identifier for the cluster Returns : a string Args : optional, on set the display ID ( a string) description Title : description Usage : $fam->description("POLYUBIQUITIN") Function: get/set for the consensus description of the cluster Returns : the description string Args : Optional the description string get_members Title : get_members Usage : Valid criteria: -common_name -binomial -ncbi_taxid -organelle -genus $family->get_members(-common_name =>"human"); $family->get_members(-species =>"homo sapiens"); $family->get_members(-ncbi_taxid => 9606); For now, multiple critieria are ORed. Will return all members if no criteria are provided. Function: get members using methods from L<Bio::Species> the phylogenetic tree of the family. Returns : an array of objects that are member of this family. size Title : size Usage : $fam->size(); Function: get/set for the size of the family, calculated from the number of members Returns : the size of the family Args : cluster_score Title : cluster_score Usage : $fam->cluster_score(100); Function: get/set for cluster_score which represent the score in which the clustering algorithm assigns to this cluster. Returns : a number Implementation specific methods These are mostly for adding/removing/changing. add_members Title : add_members Usage : $fam->add_member([$seq1,$seq1]); Function: add members to a family Returns : Args : the member(s) to add, as an array or arrayref remove_members Title : remove_members Usage : $fam->remove_members(); Function: remove all members from a family Returns : the previous array of members Args : none members Title : members Usage : $members = $fam->members([$seq1,$seq1]); Function: Deprecated. Use add_members() or get_members() instead perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::Cluster::SequenceFamily(3pm)