Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Does /dev/ttyUSB* causing my usb 3G Dongle doesn't work when plug-in Post 302505364 by jao_madn on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 06:59:33 PM
Old 03-16-2011
Sorry i already created the topic about this one..i forget since no one address my problem and also i wait for any responce maybe someone knows or solved the problem. Just now i decided to tacke this issue not like before im afraid i will lose my internet connection in the process since this is the only way i can connect to the internet.

By the way i just solved my problem by installing the package usb-modeswitch

Some add info

My USB dongle is HUAWEI E169u, Asus Laptop, and Lucyd lynx. kernel linux 2.6.32-30-generic

Thanks for the reply..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

USB Hot Plug Mandrake 9.0

I recently installed Mandrake Linux 9.0 on my intel machine, with a view to migrating completely from Windows within the next few months. First I need to get things working. My modem, sound card, scanner and printer all fail to work. This isn't going to put me off because I love the interface... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saabir
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some env setting is causing the script not to work ?

Not sure what has changed in the Unix environment. The following script which was working is now not working. #!/usr/bin/ksh # ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: monitor_db.sh # #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uuser
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Cant' mount usb drive, /dev/sda1 not showing up

Hi, I'm trying to mount a usb drive but the path /dev/sda1 does not show up under /dev when I plug in the usb device. In fact I see no differences under /dev before and after I plugin my usb drive. Any ideas why the system is not recognizing the usb drive and how to fix? This is on a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orahi001
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

/dev not updated on usb device removal

Hello all :-) i'm not sure if its a beginner or advanced question but i have the following problem - now for some months after building a kernel from source (2.6.36 and now 2.6.38) the /dev/sd* entries are not removed if a remove the corresponding usb disk, sd card, what ever. i'm pretty sure... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: apfelkuchen
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Disk /dev/sdb doesn't contain a valid partition table

Hello, I have rebooted the RHEL VM but after rebooting the vm it not showing all the partition mounted on OS level, if i'll execute the fdisk -l command, then i'm able to see the same disk. below is the fdisk output : # fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 107.6 GB, 107639996416 bytes 255 heads, 63... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: purushottamaher
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

CONFIG_HID=y and logitech usb mouse B185 doesn't work in 5.3.0-RC2

trying to make the best for me with 5.3.0-RC2, everthing's fine, the dell vostro 3558 does what it should - but - and here's the question: how do I get a logitech m185 (wireless mouse) to work; I googled around but couldn't fiind anything usefull; the best I get when using solaar (depreciated?) is:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanbreukelingen
2 Replies
UMS(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    UMS(4)

NAME
ums -- USB mouse driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device ums device uhci device ohci device usb Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ums_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ums driver provides support for mice that attach to the USB port. Supported are mice with any number of buttons and mice with a wheel. The /dev/ums0 device presents the mouse as a sysmouse or mousesystems type device. See moused(8) for an explanation of these mouse types. FILES
/dev/ums0 blocking device node EXAMPLES
Use the first USB mouse on the system as your console mouse: moused -p /dev/ums0 -t auto To be able to use the USB mouse under X, change the "Pointer" section in xorg.conf to the following: Device /dev/ums0 Protocol Auto If you want to be able to use the mouse in both virtual consoles as well as in X change it to: Device /dev/sysmouse Protocol Auto SEE ALSO
ohci(4), sysmouse(4), uhci(4), usb(4), xorg.conf(5) (ports/x11/xorg), moused(8) AUTHORS
The ums driver was written by Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se> for NetBSD and was adopted for FreeBSD by MAEKAWA Masahide <bishop@rr.iij4u.or.jp>. This manual page was written by Nick Hibma <n_hibma@FreeBSD.org> with input from Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>. BSD
November 27, 2006 BSD