Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl Script Not Reading Input Files Correctly Post 302505173 by Corona688 on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 11:43:17 AM
Old 03-16-2011
Was this input file edited in notepad by any chance? It looks like it's been saved as 16-bit Unicode -- the weird char at the beginning is a special marker telling Windows it's a unicode .txt file, and the characters are all 16-bit, with the high byte blank because you're using glyphs <256.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Input in a Script

#!/usr/bin/sh echo "Enter reason:" echo "> \c" read $reason $reason >> access.log This doesnt work for me. Can someone tell me how I would read the input from what the person types, and then append that to the log file? Regards (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alwayslearningunix
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk reading 2 input files but not getting expected value

I'm reading 2 input files but not getting expected value. I should get an alpha value on file_1_data but not getting any. Please help. >cat test6.sh awk ' FILENAME==ARGV { file_1_data=$0; print "----- 1 Line " NR " -----" $1; next } FILENAME==ARGV { file_2_data=$0; print "----- 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading specific contents from 1 input files and appending it to another input file

Hi guys, I am new to AWK and unix scripting. Please see below my problem and let me know if anyone you can help. I have 2 input files (example given below) Input file 2 is a standard file (it will not change) and we have to get the name (second column after comma) from it and append it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sksahu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading input files

Okay, so I've looked on here and found some similar things, but not exactly what I am looking for. I am working on creating a script that can back up some files, based on the contents of another file - the configuration file. First file contains the files to back up - we'll call this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdxwarrior
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

write a perl script or kornshell reading a two files and outputting to comma format

Hello Can someone help me to write a perl script or kornshell reading a two files and outputting to comma format. Here is the two files listofdisks.txt id, diskname, diskgroup, diskisze(GB), FC 1, CN34, GRP1, 30, FC_CN34 2, CN67, GRP5, 19, 4, VD1, GRP4, 23, FC_VD1 6, CF_D1, ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deiow
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl how to exit a while loop and quit reading the input file

I am reading a file using While loop while <FILE> { $_ = <FILE>; process data... } I would like to quit reading the file once I encounter a String pattern. How do i do it. is it if (/SUMMARY/) { last; } I am having problems with uninitialized value in pattern... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subhap
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with reading two input files in awk

Hello, I'm trying to write an awk program that reads two files inputs. example, file 1: 0.00017835 0.000176738 0.00018811 0.000189504 0.000188155 0.000180065 0.000178991 0.000178252 0.000182513 file 2: 1.7871769E-05 1.5139576E-16 1.5140196E-16 1.5139874E-16 1.7827407E-04 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseamck
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading CLI input for script

I've always written scripts where the user executes the script and I prompt them for what they want to do. But I'm trying to write a script where root executes the script 'lock' or its hard-link 'unlock' and the script will passwd -l or passwd -u an account depending on the choice. What would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADay2Long
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input not saving correctly in both files

If the user inputs two variants separated by a comma, the below command is supposed to write both variants to the GJ-53.txt and then to out.txt. Both are written to the GJ-53.txt, however only one is written to out.txt and I'm not sure why. Thank you :). gjb2() { printf "\n\n" ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Open Source

Splitting files using awk and reading filename value from input data

I have a process that requires me to read data from huge log files and find the most recent entry on a per-user basis. The number of users may fluctuate wildly month to month, so I can't code for it with names or a set number of variables to capture the data, and the files are large so I don't... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbatte1
7 Replies
unicode(n)						       Unicode normalization							unicode(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
unicode - Implementation of Unicode normalization SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require unicode 1.0 ::unicode::fromstring string ::unicode::tostring uclist ::unicode::normalize form uclist ::unicode::normalizeS form string _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This is an implementation in Tcl of the Unicode normalization forms. COMMANDS
::unicode::fromstring string Converts string to list of integer Unicode character codes which is used in unicode for internal string representation. ::unicode::tostring uclist Converts list of integers uclist back to Tcl string. ::unicode::normalize form uclist Normalizes Unicode characters list ulist according to form and returns the normalized list. Form form takes one of the following values: D (canonical decomposition), C (canonical decomposition, followed by canonical composition), KD (compatibility decomposi- tion), or KC (compatibility decomposition, followed by canonical composition). ::unicode::normalizeS form string A shortcut to ::unicode::tostring [unicode::normalize $form [::unicode::fromstring $string]]. Normalizes Tcl string and returns normalized string. EXAMPLES
% ::unicode::fromstring "u0410u0411u0412u0413" 1040 1041 1042 1043 % ::unicode::tostring {49 50 51 52 53} 12345 % % ::unicode::normalize D {7692 775} 68 803 775 % ::unicode::normalizeS KD "u1d2c" A % REFERENCES
[1] "Unicode Standard Annex #15: Unicode Normalization Forms", (http://unicode.org/reports/tr15/) AUTHORS
Sergei Golovan BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category string- prep of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
stringprep(n) KEYWORDS
normalization, unicode COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Sergei Golovan <sgolovan@nes.ru> stringprep 1.0.0 unicode(n)