Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with reading and assigning variables Post 302505160 by pravin27 on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 11:26:11 AM
Old 03-16-2011
Try this,
Code:
paste -s day.log | while read A B; do echo " a is ${A} "; echo " b is ${B} "; done

This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file and assigning that to Variable

I am missing something here, I have a file which contains only one line and that is either a number or character string. I am trying to read the file and assign that value to a variable and here it seems I am missing something and not getting the expected results... Here is the code : #!/bin/ksh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaddadi
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading from a file and assigning values

HI I have something like this in a file ABC = 1 DEF = 2 GHI = 3 JKL = 4 MNO = 5 QRS = 6 TUV = 7 I need to assign ABC to V_abc (that is to a variable) GHI to V_ghi (that is to another variable) TUV to say V_tuv ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

variables not assigning in a function

Hi GUYS, I have function. I am assigning a line count to count variable. But it is throwing an error at this line. function_recur (){ #file being created in this function lenth = `wc -l function_outpu.dat`; echo $lenth; } this is the error i got rec.ksh: lenth: not found. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from file and assigning to variable

I was trying to store the number of lines in a file and store it in a file.after that i want to store the information in a file to a variable which is further used in the if loop to check certain condition. #!/bin/bash cat <file> | wc -l > count.txt x="$count.txt"; i=10; if ; then cat... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakaryadav
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash reading and assigning

Hi, In a script i am having trouble joining a variable to a file. for, example I read input from user as a variable a or b or c or d etc and want to join those to different files... or if user press a then it will open somefile.txt if user press b then it will open otherfile.txt any idea (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Reading a file and assigning variables from file

I have a file that has four values on each line and I'd like to give each column a variable name and then use those values in each step of a loop. In bash, I believe you could use a while loop to do this or possibly a cat command, but I am super new to programming and I'm having trouble decoding... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and assigning to an array in perl

I wrote a simply perl that searched a file for a particualr value and if it found it, rite it and the next three lines to a file. Now I have been asked to check those next three lines for a different value and only write those lines if it finds the second value. I was thinking the best way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billprice13
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)