Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem in SFTP using heredoc Post 302505132 by clx on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 10:05:22 AM
Old 03-16-2011
In case sftp automation required, -b option is recommended to use for sftp batch mode.
Put all those command in a file and use -b file while invoking sftp.
It doen't work EXACTLY as ftp AFAIK.

Code:
     -b batchfile
             Batch mode reads a series of commands from an input batchfile instead of stdin.  Since it lacks user interaction it should be used in conjunction
             with non-interactive authentication.  A batchfile of '-' may be used to indicate standard input.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

sftp problem

Hi, I'm in the process of writting some scripts using sftp2 on a HP UX 11.11 machine. I've found that when I do an 'ls' command , even when in batch mode, it asks for me to 'press any key to continue or q to quit' after a screenful of data. Of course in batch mode this cause the script to hang.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudojo
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

HEREDOC with fdisk

Hi folks What I'm trying is to build a partitioning script. I can pass a HEREDOC to fdisk just fine. Like this: fdisk /dev/sda << EOF p q EOF but I don't know how to put that HEREDOC into a varible to pass it to fdisk. This is what I have tried so far (no luck) #!/bin/bash ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: latenite
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

heredoc error check

Hi, Is there any way to check the error in heredoc? Code: /export/opt/SCssh/3.7.1_C0/bin/sftp -B - csi@192.168.1.100 <<FTP lcd /WEBSERVER_LINK/data_logs/ ls pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out get pub/csidata/GeneralAppFields_8_1_Feed.out quit FTP Now I want to check... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables in heredoc

I currently use this message to send e-mails in a script but I would also like to save the output of this code to a file as well while preserving the variables. What's the easiest way to accomplish this? #Sending mail notification when=`/bin/date` /usr/sbin/sendmail -t >2 <<-EOM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling sqlplus from Korn shell heredoc issue

Hi, I am facing an issue wherein some temporary files (here docs) are getting created in /tmp and are not getting deleted automatically. When i check the list of open files with below command i can see one file is getting appended continuously.(In this case /tmp/sfe7h.34p) The output is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navin_Ramdhami
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo multi-line string via heredoc syntax

$ cat bashtest #!/usr/local/bin/bash echo <<<"EOF" line1 line2 line3 EOF $ ./bashtest ./bashtest: line 3: line1: command not found ./bashtest: line 4: line2: command not found ./bashtest: line 5: line3: command not found ./bashtest: line 6: EOF: command not found What am i doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with sftp

I have an sftp script which is uploading file into a directory which is not specified wth the cd command . For example: sftp sftpserver >>lcd /abc >>cd /tmp/bef >> put /abc/abc.txt /tmp/bef/abc.txt Uploading file from /abc/abc.txt to /xyz/wxy/tmp/bef/abc.txt >>quit The file is getting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NP1
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Concatenate Two Commands in script using heredoc?

Hello, I am trying to place two commands in heredoc below is the snippet if ;then actionOnTux="$actVerb" else actionOnTux="$actVerb" fi echo "Performing ACTION: $action on $tux@$srv .....\n" if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kataria.anand
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

SFTP problem

i have a problem no a dream :) i have a list and i want to do : cat lista_olo for file in `cat list` do sftp myuser@myip << EOF ls -l mydir/$file/ EOF but there is an error . Syntax error at line 11 : `<' is not matched How can i do ? Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Francesco_IT
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Information on heredoc

Hi , I am using ksh on Aix 7.1 and found the below code in a script which is a bit confusing to me, any help will be appreciated <<comments put ${pathforfiles}/${ftpfilename} put ${logs}/${filename}.sch put ${logs}/${filename}.tgr comments I have searched for information on heredoc but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulfi123786
2 Replies
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)

NAME
Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat - Adaptor for Net::SFTP compatibility SYNOPSIS
use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat; my $sftp = Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat->new($host); $sftp->get("foo", "bar"); $sftp->put("bar", "baz"); use Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat ':supplant'; my $sftp = Net::SFTP->new($host); DESCRIPTION
This package is a wrapper around Net::SFTP::Foreign that provides an API (mostly) compatible with that of Net::SFTP. Methods on this package are identical to those in Net::SFTP except that Net::SFTP::Foreign::Attributes::Compat objects have to be used instead of Net::SFTP::Attributes. If the ":supplant" tag is used, this module installs also wrappers on the "Net::SFTP" and Net::SFTP::Attributes packages so no other parts of the program have to modified in order to move from Net::SFTP to Net::SFTP::Foreign. Setting defaults The hash %Net::SFTP::Foreign::DEFAULTS can be used to set default values for Net::SFTP::Foreign methods called under the hood and otherwise not accesible through the Net::SFTP API. The entries currently supported are: new => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign constructor. get => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::get method. put => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::put method. ls => @opts extra options passed to Net::SFTP::Foreign::ls method. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008, 2011 Salvador Fandin~o All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-04 Net::SFTP::Foreign::Compat(3pm)