Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NFS file listing
Operating Systems AIX NFS file listing Post 302505109 by zaxxon on Wednesday 16th of March 2011 09:38:12 AM
Old 03-16-2011
Tbh, I do not trust/like NFS much cause of similar effects described by you. So if possible, maybe upgrade to the latest TL available and hopefully have it fixed by this. TL 5 is rather old.

TL 12, ie. Service-Pack 5300-12-03-1107 is the latest.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File listing

I can't seem to list all the files that begin with a lower case or upper case letter between a-m while being in that directory? Please help I've tried everything from all the ls commands to even grep commands. b (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Astudent
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

3. Programming

Listing File Info

Hi, From a Unix book, i'd found that the way to list files in a directory. But those file info are all not shown, wat is shown is only the file name. Can anyone pls teach me how to show the file details? (etc file size, read/write permission, modified date) my code: Dir *dirp; struct... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AkumaTay
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

listing file with other format

Hello. If i use ls to list file, the output will be like this: ls list* list1.txt list2.txt list3.txt list4.txt list5.txt How can I list file like below (I tried to us ls -ltr list*.txt, but all of them with time, date in font of the file...but I don't need it)? list1.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
3 Replies

5. Solaris

file listing ...

Hi experts, I have several hundred files for everyday each month (below example is September)- PP023149200709010546.......PP028023200709012300 PP023150200709020023.......PP026096200709022134 .. .. PP021256200709201920.......PP025576200709202218 .. ..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
3 Replies

6. Solaris

NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle

:confused:Hi all When i see in the /var/adm/messages, i saw the following error unix: NFS write error on host : Stale NFS file handle. unix: (file handle: 45ca415 3e7 a0000 2c7f6 3ebfc25f a0000 2 3e49) It is using sunOS 5.7. Is anybody know what is this error? Is is related to any network... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I get only the file name from a listing?

Hi, I am trying to get a file name only. Could anyone help me on the same. Meaning I have a file say list.out which holds below output ./xyz/abc.txt ./xyz/hij.txt I want an output as below abc.txt hij.txt i.e I want to delete everything before abc.txt Please help me out if any one has... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spark
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to remove listing of current user cmd from ps -ef listing?

Hi All, Could you please help to resolve my following issues: Problem Description: Suppose my user name is "MI90". i.e. $USER = MI90 when i run below command, i get all the processes running on the system containing name MQ. ps -ef | grep MQ But sometimes it lists... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Listing file issue

I have the three following files available in the directory. But the job should be able to read only the first two files. Could any one help me in writing command to list only the first two files and omit the last file. I used ls -1 LSM_REP* > final.lst. It is copying all the three files. But I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Nukavarapu
5 Replies

10. Solaris

NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle - Solaris 10

Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host xyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: (file handle: 68000000 1bc5492e 20000000 377c5e 1ce9395c 720a6203 40000000 bdfb0400) Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: NFS write error on host zyz: Stale NFS file handle. Oct 13 12:19:15 xyz nfs: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
5 Replies
UPDATE-MANAGER(8)					      System Manager's Manual						 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)

NAME
update-manager - graphical management of software packages updates SYNOPSIS
update-manager [options] DESCRIPTION
Update-manager is a frontend for the apt package management system. It allows you to perform some actions of the command line tool apt-get in a graphical environment. Update-manager is especially designed for upgrading your system, or migrating your system towards a more recent version. OPTIONS
For a daily use, you may launch update-manager with no options so that your system is just upgraded. For migration purposes, update-manager accepts some options: -h, --help Show a similar help message -c, --check-dist-upgrades Check if a new distribution release is available -d, --devel-release Check if upgrading to the latest devel release is possible -p, --proposed Try to run a dist-upgrade --dist-upgrade Try to run a dist-upgrade ACTIONS PERFORMED DURING AN UPGRADE TO A NEW VERSION
* eventually reinstall the package ubuntu-desktop * switch to an updated sources.list entries * adds the default user to new groups if needed SEE ALSO
Synaptic, sources.list, aptitude AUTHORS
update-manager was developed by Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com> with various contributors (see AUTHORS file) This manual page was originally written by Bruno Mangin and Michael Vogt <mvo@ubuntu.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2006-2007 Canonical There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING. August 2, 2007 UPDATE-MANAGER(8)