Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Any device driver sample for SCO ?! Post 302504927 by jgt on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 07:20:34 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Look in /etc/conf/pack.d/usb_prnt
Not that I have tried this, but I think that if you create the source code and place it in the correct directories, all below /etc/conf, then re-linking the kernel will automatically compile and link the driver.
Run scoadmin->hardware-kernel-manager->relink

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help regarding device driver

Hi All, I have a device driver that uses UARTserial port to write/read to-from a device. That device driver is working fine on FC3 machine( kernel version 2.6.12)... Now I am switching to FC9 (kernel version 2.6.25.11-97).I have changed the interrupt flag SA_INTERRUPT to IRQF_DISABLED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuprade
0 Replies

3. Programming

regarding device driver

Hi All, I have a device driver that uses UARTserial port to write/read to-from a device. That device driver is working fine on FC3 machine( kernel version 2.6.12)... Now I am switching to FC9 (kernel version 2.6.25.11-97).I have changed the interrupt flag SA_INTERRUPT to IRQF_DISABLED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuprade
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Command Sample Driver

Can anybody get me some sample driver code of linux block drivers to send request to scsi disks? Basically I need a sample code of linux scsi block driver. I tried googling for sample code but did not find it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
FWE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    FWE(4)

NAME
fwe -- Ethernet emulation driver for FireWire SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device firewire device fwe Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_fwe_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The fwe driver provides non-standard Ethernet emulation over FireWire (IEEE 1394). firewire(4) and fwohci(4) must be configured in the kernel as well. This driver exploits asynchronous stream over IEEE 1394 to carry Ethernet frames. The stream channel can be specified by the hw.firewire.fwe.stream_ch sysctl(8). This driver supports polling(4) as well if it is compiled with the DEVICE_POLLING option. SEE ALSO
arp(4), firewire(4), fwip(4), fwohci(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), polling(4), ifconfig(8), kldload(8), sysctl(8) HISTORY
The fwe device driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. AUTHORS
The fwe driver and this manual page were written by Hidetoshi Shimokawa. BUGS
This driver emulates Ethernet in a very adhoc way and it does not reserve a stream channel using an isochronous manager. Note that this driver uses a protocol which is very different from RFC 2734 (IPv4 over IEEE 1394). BSD
July 16, 2005 BSD