Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy a file with backslash in the filename Post 302504905 by Ronaldo on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 06:14:50 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Thanks for your answer,

The filename are generated by the unix, born shell, CentOS, and I need the copy to make jounally file backups.

---------- Post updated at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:10 PM ----------

Chubler,

Thanks for your answer, but if you saw the second ls command, we have two \\ (backslash) instead the one from the original filename.

$ ls
111300212970.H27173P31627.ns1.cybernet.com.br,S\=6301:2,
myscript
$ ./myscript

ARQ1: 111300212970.H27173P31627.ns1.cybernet.com.br,S\=6301:2,
ARQ2: 1300212970.H27173P31627.ns1.cybernet.com.br,S\\=6302:2,
ParteB: \
$ ls
111300212970.H27173P31627.ns1.cybernet.com.br,S\=6301:2,
1300212970.H27173P31627.ns1.cybernet.com.br,S\\=6302:2,
myscript

I need to maintain the filename, changing only the sequence number, that I increment on each copy.

That is my great problem, I can't generate the output filename with only one backslash.

Thanks again,

Ronaldo

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

cannot copy file using scp when filename has ":"

hi all , does any one know how can we copy a file using scp which have a file name inlcuding "+:" example : ls -lrt *.csv | tail -3 -rw-r----- 1 opern oper 8479 Feb 15 15:39 LKILA.csv -rw-r----- 1 opern oper 8479 Feb 18 12:06 L+KILA.csv -rw-r----- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranreddy1215
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy/move to a file with a special character as the 1st char in the filename?

I am trying to create files with special characters in its filenames for testing purposes. This is on a Linux RHEL4 but this should also be applicable on a Unix shell. I am able to create files with special characters in the filenames...e.g. cp -pv foo.gif \*special.gif cp -pv foo.gif \... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sqa777
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove backslash character from file

How do I remove a backslash character \ from a file? I have used sed -e "s|\||g" filename > newfile I have done several permutations on this to no avail such as: sed -e "s|`\`||g" filename > newfile sed -e "s|""\""||g" filename > newfile What am I doing wrong?:confused: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MissI
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filename from splitting files to have the same filename of the original file with counter value

Hi all, I have a list of xml file. I need to split the files to a different files when see the <ko> tag. The list of filename are B20090908.1100-20090908.1200_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1200-20090908.1300_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml B20090908.1300-20090908.1400_CDMA=1,NO=2,SITE=3.xml ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: natalie23
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retain backslash in a line while reading a data file?

Hello Firends I have a file that contains data within single quotes, which has meaning of its own. When I am trying to parse through the file for a different functionality I noticed that I was loosing the backslash when occurrences in the file look like ('\0'). I would want to retain the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: easwam
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"~" comes in filename after file copy

I have a windows n/w share mapped to a unix path. I am trying to copy the file from one unix location to this location using "cp" command. After I copy the copy and check the filename logging through unix, I can see it as expected. But, when I check the file from Windows at the n/w share, the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: khuman
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the filename alone from a directory?

Hi All, As i'm new to this i need help. I want to copy all the filenames in a directory and also it should get arange in the order recent modified. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bangarukannan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

md5sum on a file with backslash in its name

Hi there, I found something very weird! Should I report that as a bug or is it me misusing the command? I've got a file with a backslash in its name. I know it's a horrible policy but it's not me. The file came from a mac computer because this is a backup server. Anyway, when using... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy filepath along with filename at end of another file

Hi , Please help me out for the below problem - I have 2 files in a directory - $ ls -ltr total 4 -rwx------+ 1 abc Domain Users 615 May 31 17:33 abc.txt -rwx------+ 1 abc Domain Users 0 May 31 17:33 ll.sh I want to write the filename of abc.txt along with the directory to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sha256 , copy file to new filename

Hello, i want to create a sha256 hash for a file and copy the source file under new filename as : sha256hash_sourcefilename Input : sha256sum FILE Example : sha156sum mounttest.123 Output HASH_FILE How to do this ? e.g.: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bdittmar
1 Replies
ASNTOOL(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual							ASNTOOL(1)

NAME
asntool - process ASN.1 module specifications SYNOPSIS
asntool [-] [-B filename] [-D N] [-G] [-I str] [-J type] [-K str] [-L str] [-M filename,...] [-P str] [-Q] [-S filename] [-T filename] [-V] [-X filename] [-Z] [-b N] [-d filename] [-e filename] [-f filename] [-l filename] -m filename [-o filename] [-p filename] [-t str] [-v filename] [-w N] [-x filename] DESCRIPTION
asntool reads, validates, and displays ASN.1 module specifications. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -B filename Generate objects and code in files named filename.* -D N Debugging level for code generation: 0 No debugging (default) 1 Shallow debugging 2 Deep debugging 3-9 Same as 2 -G Generate object loader .c and .h files -I str Put "#include str" in generated .c file -J type Register type type with object manager -K str In generated .c, force name of #included asn header to str -L str Label registered type as str -M filename,... Search the ASN.1 modules in filename,... for external references -P str XML module prefix for DOCTYPE -Q Use quoted syntax form for generated include files -S filename Send debugging output to filename rather than stderr -T filename Dump ASN.1 tree to filename -V Force CHOICE objects to use custom structures rather than ValNodePtrs, for compatibility with some old hand-coded object loaders. -X filename Write XML DTD to filename. If filename is "m", print each module to a separate file. -Z Bit twiddle for optional zero value base slots -b N Use N-byte buffers (default = 1024; anything between 512 and 10000 is legal) -d filename Read binary values from filename (requires -t) -e filename Write binary values to filename -f filename Write ASN.1 module to filename -l filename Write ASN.1 loader to filename -m filename Read ASN.1 module from filename -o filename Write header to filename -p filename Write print values to filename -t str Expect binary values to have type str -v filename Read print values from filename -w N Limit values in #defines to N bits (default = 31; anything between 31 and 128 is legal) -x filename Write XML data to filename AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. NCBI
2010-09-01 ASNTOOL(1)