Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO Any device driver sample for SCO ?! Post 302504878 by k.a.docpp on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 04:41:53 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Any device driver sample for SCO ?!

Hi
I'm looking for a simple and nice sample for writing a device driver in SCO OpenServer 5.0.7. I'm asked to write a device driver for some usb printer. I have already the linux version of the driver but it won't get compiled. I have some basic knowledge of device drivers phenomena such as kernel space , user space , devices , kernel linking , Driver.c and Driver.o , etc.

Please help Smilie Smilie

---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:33 PM ----------

Guys
There's a sample for a parallel port device driver written by Anthony Lawrence , but I can't compile it under my SCO. My SCO is a demo version installed on a VMware virtual machine. There is some 'u' variable i can't understad what it is.

You can find it here.
aplawrence.com/Unix/driver.html

Thnx.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help regarding device driver

Hi All, I have a device driver that uses UARTserial port to write/read to-from a device. That device driver is working fine on FC3 machine( kernel version 2.6.12)... Now I am switching to FC9 (kernel version 2.6.25.11-97).I have changed the interrupt flag SA_INTERRUPT to IRQF_DISABLED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuprade
0 Replies

3. Programming

regarding device driver

Hi All, I have a device driver that uses UARTserial port to write/read to-from a device. That device driver is working fine on FC3 machine( kernel version 2.6.12)... Now I am switching to FC9 (kernel version 2.6.25.11-97).I have changed the interrupt flag SA_INTERRUPT to IRQF_DISABLED... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajuprade
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SCSI Command Sample Driver

Can anybody get me some sample driver code of linux block drivers to send request to scsi disks? Basically I need a sample code of linux scsi block driver. I tried googling for sample code but did not find it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
ULPT(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   ULPT(4)

NAME
ulpt -- USB printer support SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device ulpt Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): ulpt_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers that follow the printer bi- or uni-directional protocol. The bits in the minor number select various features of the driver. Minor Bit Function 64 Do not initialize (reset) the device on the port. Some printers cannot handle the reset on open; in case of problems try the unlpt device. HARDWARE
The ulpt driver provides support for USB printers and parallel printer conversion cables, including the following: o ATen parallel printer adapter o Belkin F5U002 parallel printer adapter o Canon BJ F850, S600 o Canon LBP-1310, 350 o Entrega USB-to-parallel printer adapter o Hewlett-Packard HP Deskjet 3420 (P/N: C8947A #ABJ) o Oki Data MICROLINE ML660PS o Seiko Epson PM-900C, 880C, 820C, 730C FILES
/dev/ulpt? device with reset /dev/unlpt? device without reset SEE ALSO
lpt(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The ulpt driver appeared in NetBSD 1.4. This manual page was adopted from NetBSD by Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org> in April 2002. BSD
November 22, 2006 BSD