Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help with Data Sorting
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with Data Sorting Post 302504852 by pawannoel on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 03:21:45 PM
Old 03-15-2011
could you please comment on the code to make me understand a bit

thanks for your help though Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting blocks of data

Hello all, Below is what I am trying to accomplish: I have a file that looks like this /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000050 ----------------- */ jdghjghkla sadgsdags asdgsdgasd asdgsagasdg /* ----------------- xxxx.y_abcd_00000055 ----------------- */ sdgsdg sdgxcvzxcbv... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfredo123
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sorting data from who by IP

Hello. I have an RS/6000 running AIX 4 and I need to be able to see if there are any users that are logged on more than once from the same terminal so I can kick them off to make room for other terminals. 64 connections is the limit. Currently I am doing this: who | more and then manually... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL data - sorting

Hello, I have a page where multiple fields and their values are displayed. But I am able to sort only a few fields. When I looked into the issue, it is seen that the for each row of info , an unique id is generated and id.txt is generated and saved. Only those fields which are inside that id.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data from a to z

Hi, Let's say I have these 3 columns; NGC1234 6 9 SL899 4 1 NGC1075 8 3 SL709 5 2 And I want to sort the data according to the first column (from a to z) like having them as: NGC1075 8 3 NGC1234 6 9 SL709 5 2 SL899 4 1 Can that be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmologist
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with Data Sorting Command

Hi, I have a problem on data sorting, example my file as below: 123 123/789 aaa bbb ccc ddd (adf) 112 112/123 aaa bbb ccc (ade) 102 1a3/7g9 (adf)03 110 12b/129 aaa bbb ccc ddd fff(a8f)03 117 42f/8c9 aaa bbb ccc ddd (adf) 142 120/tyu fff... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sorting data

Hello guys. I need help figuring this one out. It's probably really easy. Thanks in advance! I have a file say for example containing this: Rice Food Carrots Food Beans Food Plates Kitchen Fork Kitchen Knives Kitchen I need: Food Rice, Carrots, Beans Kitchen Plates, Fork,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: visuelz
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the Data

My actual data looks like below i have given only format. i can't give exact data format of my requirement due to some reasons. I this set of data lines about 5000 I need to come up with information in below exact format of my data set : Line<space>Number1<space>"somedata":... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ckaramsetty
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the data with date

Hi, PFB the data: C_Random_130417 Java_Random_130518 Perl_Random_120519 Perl_Random_120528 so the values are ending with year,i.e.,130417 i want to sort the values with date. i want the output like this: Perl_Random_120519 Perl_Random_120528 C_Random_130417 Java_Random_130518 can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arindam guha
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How AS 400 sorting data?

Hi Gurus, I have a requests to sort data based on AS 400 sorting order. below is example: the data is sorted by ascending order. could anybody explain how AS 400 sort data? IMM00007 07918607 1242 423 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: green_k
3 Replies
Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)

NAME
Graphics::Primitive::Component - Base graphical unit DESCRIPTION
A Component is an entity with a graphical representation. SYNOPSIS
my $c = Graphics::Primitive::Component->new({ origin => Geometry::Primitive::Point->new({ x => $x, y => $y }), width => 500, height => 350 }); LIFECYCLE
prepare Most components do the majority of their setup in the prepare. The goal of prepare is to establish it's minimum height and width so that it can be properly positioned by a layout manager. $driver->prepare($comp); layout This is not a method of Component, but a phase introduced by the use of Layout::Manager. If the component is a container then each of it's child components (even the containers) will be positioned according to the minimum height and width determined during prepare. Different layout manager implementations have different rules, so consult the documentation for each for details. After this phase has completed the origin, height and width should be set for all components. $lm->do_layout($comp); finalize This final phase provides and opportunity for the component to do any final changes to it's internals before being passed to a driver for drawing. An example might be a component that draws a fleuron at it's extremities. Since the final height and width isn't known until this phase, it was impossible for it to position these internal components until now. It may even defer creation of this components until now. It is not ok to defer all action to the finalize phase. If you do not establish a minimum hieght and width during prepare then the layout manager may not provide you with enough space to draw. $driver->finalize($comp); draw Handled by Graphics::Primitive::Driver. $driver->draw($comp); METHODS
Constructor new Creates a new Component. Instance Methods background_color Set this component's background color. border Set this component's border, which should be an instance of Border. callback Optional callback that is fired at the beginning of the "finalize" phase. This allows you to add some sort of custom code that can modify the component just before it is rendered. The only argument is the component itself. Note that changing the position or the dimensions of the component will not re-layout the scene. You may have weird results of you manipulate the component's dimensions here. class Set/Get this component's class, which is an abitrary string. Graphics::Primitive has no internal use for this attribute but provides it for outside use. color Set this component's foreground color. fire_callback Method to execute this component's "callback". get_tree Get a tree for this component. Since components are -- by definiton -- leaf nodes, this tree will only have the one member at it's root. has_callback Predicate that tells if this component has a "callback". height Set this component's height. inside_bounding_box Returns a Rectangle that defines the edges of the 'inside' box for this component. This box is relative to the origin of the component. inside_height Get the height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. inside_width Get the width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. margins Set this component's margins, which should be an instance of Insets. Margins are the space outside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. The margins should be outside the border. maximum_height Set/Get this component's maximum height. Used to inform a layout manager. maximum_width Set/Get this component's maximum width. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_height Set/Get this component's minimum height. Used to inform a layout manager. minimum_inside_height Get the minimum height available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_inside_width Get the minimum width available in this container after taking away space for padding, margin and borders. minimum_width Set/Get this component's minimum width. Used to inform a layout manager. name Set this component's name. This is not required, but may inform consumers of a component. Pay attention to that library's documentation. origin Set/Get the origin point for this component. outside_height Get the height consumed by padding, margin and borders. outside_width Get the width consumed by padding, margin and borders. finalize Method provided to give component one last opportunity to put it's contents into the provided space. Called after prepare. padding Set this component's padding, which should be an instance of Insets. Padding is the space inside the component's bounding box, as in CSS. This padding should be between the border and the component's content. page If true then this component represents stand-alone page. This informs the driver that this component (and any children) are to be renderered on a single surface. This only really makes sense in formats that have pages such as PDF of PostScript. prepare Method to prepare this component for drawing. This is an empty sub and is meant to be overridden by a specific implementation. preferred_height Set/Get this component's preferred height. Used to inform a layout manager. preferred_width Set/Get this component's preferred width. Used to inform a layout manager. to_string Get a string representation of this component in the form of: $name $x,$y ($widthx$height) visible Set/Get this component's visible flag. width Set/Get this component's width. AUTHOR
Cory Watson, "<gphat@cpan.org>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests to "bug-geometry-primitive at rt.cpan.org", or through the web interface at http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive <http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/ReportBug.html?Queue=Geometry-Primitive>. I will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as I make changes. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2008-2009 by Cory G Watson. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.12.3 2011-06-02 Graphics::Primitive::Component(3pm)