Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to automate adduser on FreeBSD? Post 302504841 by DGPickett on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 03:02:14 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Well, often tools like a tty, so some sort of expect flavored processing can hide a batch solution. Security is a concern. Is a batch on your tty OK, or do you want to go web or other no-tty batch spinoff?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

question related to command "adduser"

Hello.. I dont know if i can ask this question in this session..if wrong please correct me.. This is my question.. When iam creating a user with command " adduser xxx" Where are the changes happening.. I know in /etc/passwd , /etc/shadow... in /home Is there any i missed.. please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

2. Programming

adduser

Hi, Let me know any urls where i can get the source code for "adduser" program.. Please help.. esham (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: esham
1 Replies

3. Programming

Application crashes in FreeBSD 7.1 while working ok in FreeBSD 6.3

Hello there, My mulithreaded application (which is too large to represent the source code here) is crashing after installing FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE/amd64. It worked properly on others machines (Dual Cores with 4GB of RAM - FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE/i386). The current machine has 2x Core 2 Duo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Seenquev
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script for nessus-adduser

I took a stab at writing a script to automate the interactive process of adding users to Nessus - I have zero previous coding experience. So far, it doesn't get me anywhere. I took small sections of code from posts I found on this site and others:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nolamiami
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

exec a build command (adduser) in a script

Hi, With a awk script i create a "adduser line" $ cat /tmp/tmp.ldif | awk -f ldif2adduser.awk adduser --uid 1002 --gid 1000 --gecos "ROUSSIN Guy" --home /homeL/guy --shell /bin/bash --disabled-password guy If i cut and paste this line, all is fine. But in a shell script i get errors : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guyr
2 Replies

6. SuSE

automate ispell

Hello!! Is posible to automate ispell?? I have a lot of misspelled text and I want to launch a script that runs ispell choosing for example the first option, all that automatically. Is possible?? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: elblo
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Adduser -> Access denied

hi, I have a problem with any user i created on a linux server RH. With the user root i did: adduser toto passwd toto (to give it a password - message : "all authentication tokens updated successfully") I can do a "su - toto", but when I try to connect it directly by ssh i have the message... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Castelior
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 adduser

Brain teaser, I was given the task below. I believe the consultant runs software on his laptop that probes our QA tier web servers for xxx The two web servers are xxx I attempt useradd command on XXX which seems to work, but when I attempt to assign a pwd, the OS denies it and says user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yellow_mustard
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adduser or useradd

I am just wondering why there are two similar commands for creating a user. Could you please point me when I should choose adduser and when useradd? This puzzles me a little. Thanks, Panos (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zeldforged
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adduser

hi, when i want to "adduser newuser" i receved this warning : event type "audit_buf" is a fixed event and may not be manipulated help me please (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rezasadeghi
2 Replies
securetty_types(5)					       SELinux configuration						securetty_types(5)

NAME
securetty_types - The SELinux secure tty type configuration file DESCRIPTION
The securetty_types file contains a list of types associated to secure tty type that are defined in the policy for use by SELinux-aware applications. selinux_securetty_types_path(3) will return the active policy path to this file. The default securetty types file is: /etc/selinux/{SELINUXTYPE}/contexts/securetty_types Where {SELINUXTYPE} is the entry from the selinux configuration file config (see selinux_config(5)). selinux_check_securetty_context(3) reads this file to determine if a context is for a secure tty defined in the active policy. SELinux-aware applications such as newrole(1) use this information to check the status of a tty. FILE FORMAT
Each line in the file consists of the following entry: type One or more type entries that are defined in the policy for secure tty devices. EXAMPLE
# ./contexts/securetty_types sysadm_tty_device_t user_tty_device_t staff_tty_device_t SEE ALSO
selinux(8), selinux_securetty_types_path(3), newrole(1), selinux_check_securetty_context(3), selinux_config(5) Security Enhanced Linux 28-Nov-2011 securetty_types(5)