Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NameServer not accessible
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers NameServer not accessible Post 302504795 by rolandgill on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 12:42:31 PM
Old 03-15-2011
You also have to park the domain in your host.
for example:
Wordpress Shared Web hosting should be set as ns1.hostguts.com in domain registrar control panel and also in the hosting providers cpanel account.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

need advice on nameserver configuration

on a Red Hat server I am running name server (ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com) can anybody advice how to set my server so that it automatically forwards domains that have ns1.mynameserver.com , ns2.mynameserver.com as nameserver address to a specific url/page, without actually adding... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanex
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

two dns search with 4 nameserver

Hi all, Does someone use this kind of config on /etc/resolv.conf? search domain1.com domain2.com nameserver 1.x.x.x nameserver 2.x.x.x nameserver 3.x.x.x nameserver 4.x.x.x Is that going to work properly? I heard that only 3 lines are enabled on resolv.conf. Is that true? Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Open port in Solaris 8 (not accessible from outside)

Hello guys, I've recentrly installed a Tomcat server in our Solaris 8 servers, and while it's properly configured and running already, I can't access the port from outside the network segment the server is on. I.e., we have 4 servers in the same segment (consecutive IP addresses), and if I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acapulco
4 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

SF4800 SC not accessible thru network

Hi All, I have my SC setup as attached below but I am having problem accessing the port thru network. sc0 was accessible only after i failed over the configuratios to sc1 (now then sc1 was not pingable :(). Just wondering is there anything wrong with my sc settings? Appreciate your advice. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: honmin
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

Which nameserver is used?

Hello, i change the nameserver in the resolv.conf file and want to test the new settings. On Linux i can call nslookup and it shows the nameserver which is used: ># nslookup www.unix.com Server: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX#53 Non-authoritative answer:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: soeren1176
3 Replies

6. Web Development

(WHM) Primary Resolver and Nameserver confusion

Okay, I know generally how the internet works but here I am confused. Every website that I've worked on prior to this had a vendor providing Nameserver services -Meaning that I just pointed my DNS to their server and they do the rest. Now, I am confused by what the Primary Resolver is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astrocloud
1 Replies

7. IP Networking

Accessible Site...Without a Domain

Hey everyone, Just a random question, is it possible to have a publically accessible website without a domain name attached to it? That is if I assign the server an IP address and have apache listen on 80 for incoming requests, can someone type that IP address into their browser and get to the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies

8. IP Networking

[Android-Networking] can't acces internet, while settings says all is ok => Routing/Nameserver prob

Hello, since a while, i have a very strange and frustrating network problem with my Huawei p6(Android 4.4.2). The ROM is "Omni Rom", i think - but it shouldn't matter. The problem is: when i try to connect through wlan (i have no mobile internet), according to the network manager of android,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Palindrom
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Bind: Can you configure multiple domains using the same nameserver

Can you add multiple domains to a nameserver without creating a new IP address? I have one IP address on my machine and have configured forward and reverse zone files. Names are resolving fine. I know I can add another domain to the named.conf file and create new forward and reverse files. what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LinuxGirl
2 Replies
resolv.conf(5)							File Formats Manual						    resolv.conf(5)

Name
       resolv.conf - resolver configuration file

Description
       The  resolver  configuration  file, contains information that the resolver routines read the first time they are invoked by a process.  The
       resolver file contains ASCII text and lists the name-value pairs that provide various types of resolver information.

The file is required if your system is running BIND.  This file must contain the BIND domain name for the local area network.  If your sys-
       tem is a BIND client, this file must also contain nameserver entries.

There are two entry formats for the file:

domain binddomain
	      This  line  specifies  the  default  domain to append to local host names.  If no domain entries are present, the domain returned by
	      after the first dot (.) is used.	If the host name does not contain a domain, the root domain is assumed.

nameserver address
	      In this entry, the address is the IP address, in dot notation, of the BIND server that should be queried to resolve  host  name  and
	      address  information.   You should have at least one name server listed.	Two or more name servers reduces the possibility of inter-
	      rupted BIND service in the event that one of the servers is down.  You can list up to (10) name servers.	If more than one server is
	      listed,  the resolver library queries you to try them in the order listed.  If no name server entries are present, the default is to
	      use the name server on the local machine.

The algorithm used is to try a name server, and, if the query times out, to try the next, until out of name servers or the query	is
	      resolved.   The  last step is to repeat trying all the name servers until a maximum number of retries has been made or the query has
	      been resolved.

The name value pair must appear on a single line, and the keyword or must start each line.

Examples
       The following is an example of a file:
       ;
       ; Data file for a client
       ;
       domain	      cities.us
       nameserver     128.11.22.33
       Lines beginning with a semicolon (;) are comment lines.

Files
See Also
       gethostname(2), resolver(3), named(8)
       Guide to the BIND Service

resolv.conf(5)