Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Running bin file from a module Post 302504787 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 12:12:10 PM
Old 03-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisdot
What I want is to load bin file from HDD (final version would load bin from hardware's flash). I assume, that loading bin from HDD and loading bin from flash is kind of similar task and I can use generic solution.
I wouldn't assume so. It's the kernel's job to make it generic.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. Programming

find the fully-qualified path for the app my module is running in

Hi- I need the cpp call that will tell me the full path to the app I'm running in. For example, I'm running in a loaded library for either mozilla or firefox, but would like to know the full path to the executable /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/local/firefox1_5 etc... (For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinfletch
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my /bin/csh take longer than /bin/perl?

Okay, so I have two "Hello, world!" scripts, "test.pl" and "test.sh". #!/bin/perl -w use strict; print "Hello, world!\n"; #!/bin/csh echo Hello,\ world! When I run test.pl, it runs instantly, always. When I run test.sh, it takes anywhere between 4 and 22 seconds! I'd like to know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

7. Programming

Why am i getting these strange packets while running my packet capture module written in c.?

I have made an packet capture application running on intel machine, it is capturing packets with src address- 17.0.0.0 destination ip- 66.0.0.0, source port- 0, destination port- 0, and protocol- 0 what does these packets mean ? The code written to interpreter captured bytes is given below.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunpushkar
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Is there any way to compile smbfs module in kernel 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I did a 'make menuconfig' and it shows cifs. I found out online that smbfs is deprecated and replaced by cifs. I have an old system with kernel version 2.4 which only has smbfs (no cifs). Is it possible to compile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Monil
1 Replies

9. AIX

Redistribution bin required for AIX. j7r164redist.7.1.0.25.bin

Hi, I am planning to install a version of Informatica on my AIX box. It requires a specific java build in pap6470_27sr2-20141101_01(SR2). The current link for IBM 64-bit SDK for AIX®, JavaTM Technology Edition, Version 7 Release 1 has a more recent version in j7r164redist.7.1.0.75.bin. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetpraveens
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
EFICHECK(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       EFICHECK(8)

NAME
eficheck -- check the integrity of the x86 flash chip firmware. SYNOPSIS
eficheck --integrity-check [-h EFI-hash-input-file] [-b EFI-binary-input-file] eficheck --show-hashes [-h EFI-hash-input-file] [-b EFI-binary-input-file] eficheck --generate-hashes [-h EFI-hash-output-file] [-p output-path] eficheck --save [-b EFI-binary-output-file] eficheck --cleanup [-b EFI-binary-input-and-output-file>] eficheck --version eficheck --help DESCRIPTION
eficheck is a tool to check the x86 flash chip firmware. The following commands can be used with eficheck: --integrity-check hashes portion of the firmware and compares against known-good hashes --generate-hashes outputs hashes for a given firmware to be used as known-good hashes --show-hashes shows the hashes for the sub-sections of the firmware which are measured --save saves the full flash chip contents to a binary file. Requires root privileges. --cleanup zeros any privacy-sensitive data (such as nvram), enabling the file to be shared for analysis. --version print out eficheck version number. --help display a short help. EXAMPLES
'eficheck --save -b firmware.bin' Save this system's EFI firmware as firmware.bin 'eficheck --cleanup -b firmware.bin' Overwrite the EFI variables portion of the firmware.bin, in place 'eficheck --generate-hashes' Analyze the current system's installed EFI firmware, and store the hashes into hash file(s) in current folder File name(s) will be selected according to image's EFI version(s) 'eficheck --generate-hashes -b firmware.bin' Analyze the firmware.bin, and store the hashes into hash file(s) in current folder. Filename will be based on the detected firmware version. 'eficheck --generate-hashes -p /usr/local/allowlists' Analyze the current system's installed EFI firmware, and store the hashes into hash file(s) in /usr/local/allowlists folder 'eficheck --integrity-check' Attempt to automatically determine which firmware you are running, and integrity check against the appropriate file, and report any differences 'eficheck --integrity-check -h /usr/libexec/firmwarecheckers/eficheck/EFIAllowListShipping.bun- dle/allowlists/IM171.88Z.0105.B08.1604111319.0.ealf' Compare the current system's EFI firmware against the Apple-provided expected measurements for an "iMac17,1" at firmware revision B08, and report any differences 'eficheck --integrity-check -h hash.ealf -b firmware.bin' Compare the given hash file against against the given firmware image and report any differences 'eficheck --show-hashes' Print the hashes for the current system's installed EFI firmware to stdout 'eficheck --show-hashes -b firmware.bin' Print the hashes for the given firmware.bin to stdout 'eficheck --show-hashes -h IM171.88Z.0105.B08.1604111319.0.ealf' Print the hashes for the given allowlist to stdout May 25, 2017