Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Running bin file from a module Post 302504759 by Chrisdot on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 11:14:16 AM
Old 03-15-2011
I am writing network driver in linux for hardware with UEFI driver onboard (only basic functionality).
My driver is to load that UEFI driver and force it to work. Problem is that actually I do not have mentioned hardware and have to simulate that (just create sort of template).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

/bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory when doing crontab

I just set up an ftp server with Red Hat 5.2. I am doing the work, I'm baby stepping, but it seems like every step I get stuck. Currently, I'm trying to set up a crontab job, but I'm getting the following message: /bin/sh: /usr/bin/vi: No such file or directory. I see that vi exists in /bin/vi,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
3 Replies

2. Programming

find the fully-qualified path for the app my module is running in

Hi- I need the cpp call that will tell me the full path to the app I'm running in. For example, I'm running in a loaded library for either mozilla or firefox, but would like to know the full path to the executable /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/local/firefox1_5 etc... (For... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erwinfletch
4 Replies

3. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my /bin/csh take longer than /bin/perl?

Okay, so I have two "Hello, world!" scripts, "test.pl" and "test.sh". #!/bin/perl -w use strict; print "Hello, world!\n"; #!/bin/csh echo Hello,\ world! When I run test.pl, it runs instantly, always. When I run test.sh, it takes anywhere between 4 and 22 seconds! I'd like to know what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: acheong87
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fuser: difference with bin/sh and bin/ksh shell script

Hi, I have a problem I don't understand with fuser. I launch a simple shell script mysleep.sh: I launch the command fuser -fu mysleep.sh but fuser doesn't return anything excepted: mysleep: Then I modify my script switching from #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/ksh I launch the command fuser -fu... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peuj
4 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

When to use /Users/m/bin instead of /usr/local/bin (& whats the diff?)?

Q1. I understand that /usr/local/bin means I can install/uninstall stuff in here and have any chance of messing up my original system files or effecting any other users. I created this directory myself. But what about the directory I didn't create, namely /Users/m/bin? How is that directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michellepace
1 Replies

7. Programming

Why am i getting these strange packets while running my packet capture module written in c.?

I have made an packet capture application running on intel machine, it is capturing packets with src address- 17.0.0.0 destination ip- 66.0.0.0, source port- 0, destination port- 0, and protocol- 0 what does these packets mean ? The code written to interpreter captured bytes is given below.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunpushkar
5 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Compile smbfs module in kernel version 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

Is there any way to compile smbfs module in kernel 3.10 running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. I did a 'make menuconfig' and it shows cifs. I found out online that smbfs is deprecated and replaced by cifs. I have an old system with kernel version 2.4 which only has smbfs (no cifs). Is it possible to compile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Monil
1 Replies

9. AIX

Redistribution bin required for AIX. j7r164redist.7.1.0.25.bin

Hi, I am planning to install a version of Informatica on my AIX box. It requires a specific java build in pap6470_27sr2-20141101_01(SR2). The current link for IBM 64-bit SDK for AIX®, JavaTM Technology Edition, Version 7 Release 1 has a more recent version in j7r164redist.7.1.0.75.bin. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: meetpraveens
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Usage of #!/bin/sh vs #!/bin/bash shell scripts?

Some question about the usage of shell scripts: 1.) Are the commands of the base shell scripts a subset of bash commands? 2.) Assume I got a long, long script WITHOUT the first line. How can I find out if the script was originally designed für "sh" or "bash"? 3.) How can I check a given... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pstein
3 Replies
IWN(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    IWN(4)

NAME
iwn -- Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965/1000/5000/5150/5300/6000/6050 IEEE 802.11n driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, include the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device iwn device pci device wlan device firmware You also need to select a firmware for your device. Choose one from: device iwn4965fw device iwn1000fw device iwn5000fw device iwn5150fw device iwn6000fw device iwn6050fw Or you can use device iwnfw to include them all. Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following lines in loader.conf(5): if_iwn_load="YES" iwn4965fw_load="YES" iwn1000fw_load="YES" iwn5000fw_load="YES" iwn5150fw_load="YES" iwn6000fw_load="YES" iwn6050fw_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The iwn driver provides support for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965, 1000, 5000 and 6000 series of PCI-Express network adapters. iwn supports station, adhoc, and monitor mode operation. Only one virtual interface may be configured at any time. For more information on configuring this device, see ifconfig(8). This driver requires the firmware built with the iwnfw module to work. EXAMPLES
Join an existing BSS network (i.e., connect to an access point): ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 inet 192.168.0.20 netmask 0xffffff00 Join a specific BSS network with network name ``my_net'': ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 ssid my_net up Join a specific BSS network with 64-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x1234567890 weptxkey 1 up Join a specific BSS network with 128-bit WEP encryption: ifconfig wlan create wlandev iwn0 wlanmode adhoc ssid my_net wepmode on wepkey 0x01020304050607080910111213 weptxkey 1 DIAGNOSTICS
iwn%d: device timeout The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen. iwn%d: firmware error The onboard microcontroller crashed for some reason. The driver will reset the hardware. This should not happen. iwn%d: timeout waiting for firmware initialization to complete The onboard microcontroller failed to initialize in time. This should not happen. iwn%d: could not load firmware image '%s' The driver failed to load the firmware image using the firmware(9) subsystem. Verify the iwnfw(4) firmware module is present. iwn%d: could not load boot firmware An attempt to upload the boot firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen. iwn%d: could not load microcode An attempt to upload the microcode image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen. iwn%d: could not load main firmware An attempt to upload the main firmware image to the onboard microcontroller failed. This should not happen. SEE ALSO
iwnfw(4), pci(4), wlan(4), wlan_ccmp(4), wlan_tkip(4), wlan_wep(4), ifconfig(8), wpa_supplicant(8) AUTHORS
The original iwn driver was written by Damien Bergamini <damien.bergamini@free.fr> BSD
July 20, 2010 BSD