Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Ubuntu Flash causes 64-bit Ubuntu to crash Post 302504744 by dhzdh on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 10:53:53 AM
Old 03-15-2011
I experienced problems with Flash on firefox under Ubuntu. I decided to simply block Flash using a firefox plugin.
naturally, it is possible not to load the FLASH plugin in the first place.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash/Shockwave Plugin Seems to Crash Browsers!

I have a problem, that's of course why I'm here. I just today installed, Vector Linux on a PII 233mhz with 160mb ram. The OS is stable, runs well, and is speedy for this older computer while running some GUI version. I can't recall which one. I can find out but it the browsers crash in all the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: garfunkle
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Not able to access wi-fi from ubuntu 9.04 -AMD 64-bit.

Hi, I am not able to access wi-fi network from my laptop HP-DV6-1111au. Please suggest how can i load a driver for the device and set the network right!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: guru_gyan
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Flash Archives - A little bit of help :-)

Hi all Okay, I know how to make flash archives, and I even know how to split them and extract files. But, Ive never used one to restore an OS drive and I might have to. Ive search around google, and seen different ideas / ways, but havent really come to a definate answer. So, lets... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Format a compact flash card in Ubuntu

I need some assistance formatting a compact flash card in Ubtunu. I connect up the CF card through a USB reader. Ubuntu recognizes the reader usb device, but does not "mount" the CF card as a device. The CF card was formatted in FAT32 format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesis211
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error compiling 32-bit Qt-4.7 on 64-bit Ubuntu OS

Hi, I am compiling Qt-4.7 for 32-bit on 64-bit (x86_64) Ubuntu 8.04 desktop. I have installed all the 32-bit libraries (/lib32 and /usr/lib32) through getlibs and "apt-get install ia32-libs". But I am getting the following error while configuring the qt project as: ./configure -platform... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash causes 64-bit Ubuntu to crash

I've been running 64-bit Ubuntu for about 2 years now, but a few days ago it developed serious problems. Whenever I would load a Flash page* the computer would crash... well, sort of. The screen would go blank immediately, eventually causing the monitor to give the "no video detected" message. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: CRGreathouse
0 Replies

7. Ubuntu

How to install Adobe Flash player in Ubuntu "11.04"

I am unable to watch video e.g. "www.bbc.co.uk/autumnwatch" on my Netbook as I can find no way of installing Flash Player on my Netbook, which has, (I believe) a light version of Ubuntu 11.04. Has anyone had the same problem and resolved it?:o (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
3 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)