Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions Read text, handle white space Post 302504742 by disaster on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 10:48:16 AM
Old 03-15-2011
I don't understand why you put your if(IS_WHITE_SPACE) at the end.
Also getchar returns the integer represantation fo a char. I always cast them.
So my approch would be:
Code:
int c;

while((c = getchar()) != EOF) {
    if(IS_WHITE_SPACE((char) c))
        continue;
    /* now check for is_roman here and do the processing */
}

This User Gave Thanks to disaster For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to keep white space is being deleted using read

I am using Posix shell to write a script. The problem I am having is that when I use the read command to go through a file I lose the tabs. How can I keep this from happening? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

stripping white space...

Hi All; Having a problem with a file.. the file contains the following data... (a snapshot) 1331F9E9DB7C2BB80EAEDE3A8F043B94,AL7 1DZ,M,50 186FDF93E1303DBA217279EC3671EA91,NG5 1JU,M,24 3783FFAF602015056A8CD21104B1AAAF,CH42 4NQ,M,17 It has 3 columns sepreated by a , the second column... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zak
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read space filled file and replace text at specific position

Hi I have a spaced filled file having records like below: What I want is to read line having RT3 at position 17-19 then go to position 2651 check the 18 characters (might be space filled till 18 characters). This position should have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: COD
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Padding With White Space Between Variables

Dear Users, How do we pad with white space of particular length between two variables. For Example: Suppose i define the variables as follows: a='toyota' b='camry' c='honda' d='accord' e=`echo "$a"'\n'"$b"` f=`echo "$c"'\n'"$d"` If i do an echo on variables e and f i get :... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SED with White Space

Dear Members, Suppose i have a variable test which stores a string as below: test='John drives+++++++++a+++++car' now i want to use sed on the above variable and replace + with a white space, so that i get echo $test should give me 'john drives a car' Between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandeep_1105
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed + white space

Hi, What sed command (if sed is the right command) can remove ALL white space from my file. I have a csv, except I want to remove all white space between commas and characters. My idea (without testing) sed 's/ //g' Is there a better way? (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove white space from specific columns in text file

Hello i have a text file like this: 1 AB AC AD EE 2 WE TR YT WW 3 AS UY RF YT the file is bigger , but that's an example of the data what i want to do is to merge all columns together except the first one, it will become like this : 1 ABACADEE 2 WETRYTWW 3 ASUYRFYT (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shelladdict
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

filename with white space

our user creates a text file with a white space on the filename. this same file is transfered to unix via automation tool. i have a korn shell script that reads these files on a input directory and connects to oracle database to run the oracle procedures which will load the data from each of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Handle space in directory name

I have two servers in subject, say server1 and server2. I have shell scripts on server1. We have a directory on server2 from where the files need to be scp to server1. The directory on server2 is having space in its name. I have script on server1 that takes the directory path of server2 as a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Longfellow
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add white space

hi guys how can i add spacein file name with sed if strings have no space around dash input 19-20 ( 18-19 ) ABC-EFG output after add white space 19 - 20 (18 - 19 ) ABC - EFG thx in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhs
2 Replies
MicroMason::AllowGlobals(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     MicroMason::AllowGlobals(3pm)

NAME
Text::MicroMason::AllowGlobals - Share package vars between templates SYNOPSIS
Instead of using this class directly, pass its name to be mixed in: use Text::MicroMason; my $mason = Text::MicroMason->new( -AllowGlobals ); Share package variables: $mason->set_globals( '$name' => 'Bob' ); Use the standard compile and execute methods to parse and evalute templates: print $mason->compile( text=>$template )->(); print $mason->execute( text=>$template ); Then, in a template, you can refer to those globals: Welcome, <% $name %>! DESCRIPTION
Public Methods set_globals() Accepts a list of pairs of global variable names and corresponding values. Adds each variable name to the allowed list and sets it to the initial value. allow_globals() Gets or sets the variables names to be allowed. If called with arguments, adds them to the list. Returns the variables to be allowed as a list, or as a space-separated string in scalar context. Supported Attributes allow_globals Optional array or space-separated string of global variable names to be allowed. Private Methods assemble() Adds the allow_globals_statement to each token stream before assembling it. allow_globals_statement() This method prepends the "use vars" statement needed for the template subroutines to compile. SEE ALSO
For an overview of this templating framework, see Text::MicroMason. This is a mixin class intended for use with Text::MicroMason::HTMLMason. For distribution, installation, support, copyright and license information, see Text::MicroMason::Docs::ReadMe. perl v5.10.1 2007-01-29 MicroMason::AllowGlobals(3pm)