Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing Text with sed or awk Post 302504682 by Dahu on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 07:21:14 AM
Old 03-15-2011
Code:
sed 's/^.*heading.*>\(.*\)<.*/<span class="hlred">\1<\/span><br \/>/g' yourfile.html

This will work only if your DIV are alone on the line.

The pattern
Code:
\(.*\)

is used to capture an element that can be used with the
Code:
\1

in the second part of the sed
This User Gave Thanks to Dahu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing text with sed?

Hi everyone, Having trouble with sed. I searched the board and found some stuff, but still unclear. I have a file named "userfile" which stores the users info in this form: email:username:password: I want the user to be able to change their password. i tried with sed s/oldpass/newpass/g... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

text processing ( sed/awk)

hi.. I have a file having record on in 1 line.... I want every 400 characters in a new line... means in 1st line 1-400 in 2nd line - 401-800 etc pl help. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

text transformation with sed or awk

Hi there, I'm trying to extract automatically opening hours from a website. The page displaying the schedules is http://www.natureetdecouvertes.com/pages/gener/view_FO_STORE_corgen.asp?mag_cod=xxx with xxx going from 101 to 174 I managed to get the following output : le lundi de 10.30 à... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed or awk to parse this text

I am just beginning with sed and awk and understand that they are "per" line input. That is, they operate on each line individually, and output based on rules, etc. But I have multi-line text blocks that looks as follows, and wish to ONLY extract the text between the first hyphen (-) and the... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: bulgin
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

changing files content with sed or awk

Hi, Example File: (jumped, bumped, ) how to jumped, FROM tree; EXIT I have some hundreads of files like this with the different words and I want to remove the comma before the bracket and also I have to remove the comma before FROM word. I am trying to use this command : awk '... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajshashi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed/awk changing values

Can somebody help me out and provide me with a SED or AWK solution that converts TO_DATE CLAUSE -> TIMESTAMP I need to keep the PARTION value (HISTORY_20110417) and DATE/TIME value (2011-04-18 00:00:00) the same for every line PARTITION HISTORY_20110417 VALUES LESS THAN (TO_DATE('... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BeefStu
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help either with awk or sed to get text between words

Hello All, My requirement is to get test between two words START & END, something like html tags Eg. Input file: START Line1 Line2 Line3 CLOSE START Line4 Line5 Line6 END START Line7 START Line8 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: konerusuneel
7 Replies

8. Debian

Using awk and sed to replace text

Good Day Every one I have a problem finding and replacing text in some large files that will take a long time to manually edit. Example text file looks like this #Example Large Text File unix linux dos squid bind dance bike car plane What im trying to do is to edit all the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxjunkie
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed? rows text to co

Hello Friends! I would like to help the masters ... I have a file with the entry below and would like a script for that output: Input file: 001 1 01-20152142711532-24S 1637909825/05/2015BAHIA SERVICOS R F, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: He2
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text replacement with awk or sed?

Hi guys, I worked for almost a half-day for the replacement of some text automatically with script. But no success. The problem is I have hundred of files, which need to be replaced with some new text. It's a painful work to work manually and it's so easy to do it wrong. For example, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liuzhencc
2 Replies
COQ-TEX(1)						      General Commands Manual							COQ-TEX(1)

NAME
coq-tex - Process Coq phrases embedded in LaTeX files SYNOPSIS
coq-tex [ -o output-file ] [ -n line-width ] [ -image coq-image ] [ -w ] [ -v ] [ -sl ] [ -hrule ] [ -small ] input-file ... DESCRIPTION
The coq-tex filter extracts Coq phrases embedded in LaTeX files, evaluates them, and insert the outcome of the evaluation after each phrase. Three LaTeX environments are provided to include Coq code in the input files: coq_example The phrases between egin{coq_example} and end{coq_example} are evaluated and copied into the output file. Each phrase is followed by the response of the toplevel loop. coq_example* The phrases between egin{coq_example*} and end{coq_example*} are evaluated and copied into the output file. The responses of the toplevel loop are discarded. coq_eval The phrases between egin{coq_eval} and end{coq_eval} are silently evaluated. They are not copied into the output file, and the responses of the toplevel loop are discarded. The resulting LaTeX code is stored in the file file.v.tex if the input file has a name of the form file.tex, otherwise the name of the out- put file is the name of the input file with `.v.tex' appended. The files produced by coq-tex can be directly processed by LaTeX. Both the Coq phrases and the toplevel output are typeset in typewriter font. OPTIONS
-o output-file Specify the name of a file where the LaTeX output is to be stored. A dash `-' causes the LaTeX output to be printed on standard out- put. -n line-width Set the line width. The default is 72 characters. The responses of the toplevel loop are folded if they are longer than the line width. No folding is performed on the Coq input text. -image coq-image Cause the file coq-image to be executed to evaluate the Coq phrases. By default, this is the command coqtop without specifying any path which is used to evaluate the Coq phrases. -w Cause lines to be folded on a space character whenever possible, avoiding word cuts in the output. By default, folding occurs at the line width, regardless of word cuts. -v Verbose mode. Prints the Coq answers on the standard output. Useful to detect errors in Coq phrases. -sl Slanted mode. The Coq answers are written in a slanted font. -hrule Horizontal lines mode. The Coq parts are written between two horizontal lines. -small Small font mode. The Coq parts are written in a smaller font. CAVEATS
The egin... and end... phrases must sit on a line by themselves, with no characters before the backslash or after the closing brace. Each Coq phrase must be terminated by `.' at the end of a line. Blank space is accepted between `.' and the newline, but any other charac- ter will cause coq-tex to ignore the end of the phrase, resulting in an incorrect shuffling of the responses into the phrases. (The responses ``lag behind''.) SEE ALSO
coqtop (1). 29 March 1995 COQ-TEX(1)