Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Direct login without password Post 302504621 by tuxian on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 04:05:00 AM
Old 03-15-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh_Apple
Hi ,
check the login permission in secondary server.......
I have assigned same permissions on both end i.e. 600

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login password....

i forgot my login password,in solaris 9 how to get it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatramana
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

login without password

is it possible to login into root user or any user in fact and the system wouldnt prompt u for a password ..ala windows style of login (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarunicon
6 Replies

3. Solaris

SSH Password-less login fails on password expiry.

Hi Gurus I have a few Sol 5.9 servers and i have enabled password less authentication between them for my user ID. Often i have found that when my password has expired,the login fails. Resetting my password reenables the keys. Do i need to do something to avoid this scenario or is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

4. Linux

ssh - disable direct root login

Hi Guys.... I am a newbie to unix. I have a requirement. I have a server. I have to configure ssh to disable direct root login and then add a user with sudo access to this server.Then change the ssh port to 22315 and the server should permit the ssh only from my local machine ip.I also have to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahesh_raghu
1 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Disable direct root login problems

I have disabled rlogin for root successfully , but after that i could not login to root from console and could not su to root from other users as it responded as expired account I did not have any admin user but I have managed to recover the situation by accessing rootvg before mounting it, but... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: majd_ece
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Disable users to direct login

Hi all, how can I disable direct login to a Solaris system not only for root user but also for other accounts? Looking in google I came to the following: For telnet (/etc/default/login): disable root access> CONSOLE=/dev/console disable generic user> ? For ssh... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Evan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Manipulating sed Direct Input to Direct Output

Hi guys, been scratching round the forums and my mountain of resources. Maybe I havn't read deep enough My question is not how sed edits a stream and outputs it to a file, rather something like this below: I have a .txt with some text in it :rolleyes: abc:123:xyz 123:abc:987... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: the0nion
7 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

Ssh password less login with different ID

Hi, I have setup password less ssh connection between Server A and Server B and I am able to connect with User2. But my requirement is, User 1 run a script in Server A to ssh into Server B as User 2 but it is asking password every time I execute. Server A: Login as User 1 and execute sh... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sakthi.99it
8 Replies
rhosts(5)							File Formats Manual							 rhosts(5)

Name
       rhosts - list of hosts that are logically equivalent to the local host

Syntax
       /$HOME/.rhosts

Description
       The  file  allows  a  user  who has an account on the local host to log in from a remote host without supplying a password.  It also allows
       remote copies to the local host.

If the file exists, it is located in a user's home directory.  It is not a mandatory file, however.

The format of a file entry is:
       hostname [username]
       The hostname is the name of the remote host from which the user wants to log into the local host.  The username is the user's login name on
       the remote host.  If you do not specify a user name, the user must have the same login name on both the remote and local hosts.

The  host  names  listed in the file may optionally contain the local BIND domain name.	For more information on BIND, see the Guide to the
       BIND/Hesiod Service.

If a user is logged in to and wants to log in to a host called without supplying a password, she must:

o    Have an account on

o    Create a file in her home directory on

o    Specify host1 ginger as an entry in the file.
	    If has the same login on both and she can simply specify host1 in her entry.  You can allow the superuser of a remote system to log in
	    to your system without password protection or perform a remote copy by having a file in the root ( / ) directory, but it is not recom-
	    mended.
	    In addition to having a file, the superuser needs a terminal entry in the file for each pseudoterminal configured in the system.   The
	    secure entry looks similar to the following:
	    ttyp3      none    network	       secure
	    See the reference page for more information.

Examples
       The  following is a sample file for the user It is located in her home directory on She also has accounts on the hosts called and Her login
       name on and is the same as on but her login on is

To enable to log in to from and without supplying a password, her on should contain the following entries:
       machine1
       system1	gordon
       host3

See Also
       hosts.equiv(5), ttys(5)
       Introduction to Networking and Distributed System Services

rhosts(5)