Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Donate to the Red Cross for Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan Post 302504492 by Perderabo on Monday 14th of March 2011 06:31:00 PM
Old 03-14-2011
Donated.

I'm home now watching it on CNN. It's a nightmare and it seems worse every time I look.

Thanks for making that link available.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What a relief

It is so nice to find a site where you can actually get answers to Unix questions - I've found most of my answers just my searching - but was amazed at the fast response to the nightmare file questions. Thank you again! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

only in japan ...

Water Rocket Man pcsMfLWSYx8 These japanese are a little nuts if you ask me ... :D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light relief...

How about a thread to show your Desktop, Console or computing environment... This is my current MacBook Pro 13 inch screen... Let's see some others no matter how boring... ;oD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
create link(1m) 														   create link(1m)

NAME
create link - Creates a soft link and optionally specifies an expiration time and an extension time SYNOPSIS
cdscp create link link-name CDS_LinkTarget = target-name [CDS_LinkTimeout = (expiration-time extension-time)] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the soft link. The full name of the entry to which the soft link points. A date and time after which CDS checks for existence of the soft link's target and either extends or deletes the soft link. The value is specified as yyyy-mm-dd-hh:mm:ss (year- month-day-hour:minute:second). You can abbreviate this value. A period of time by which to extend the soft link's expiration time (if the server has validated that the target still exists). The value is specified as ddd-hh:mm:ss (days-hour:minute:second). You can abbreviate ths value. DESCRIPTION
The create link command creates a soft link. If you specify the CDS_LinkTimeout attribute, you must specify an expiration time and an extension time. If you omit the CDS_LinkTimeout attribute, the soft link is permanent and must be explicitly deleted. Privilege Required You must have insert permission to the directory in which you intend to create the soft link. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
The following command creates a permanent soft link named /.:/sales/tokyo/price-server that points to an object entry named /.:/sales/east/price-server. The expiration value indicates that CDS will check that the destination name /.:/sales/east/price-server still exists on June 25,1995, at 12:00 p.m. If the destination name still exists, the soft link remains in effect another 90 days. There- after, CDS will check that the destination name exists every 90 days. cdscp> create link /.:/sales/tokyo/price-server CDS_LinkTarget > = /.:/sales/east/price-server CDS_LinkTimeout =(1995-06-25-12:00:00 > = 90-00:00:00) RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: delete link(1m), list link(1m), set link(1m), show link(1m) create link(1m)