Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Donate to the Red Cross for Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan Post 302504492 by Perderabo on Monday 14th of March 2011 06:31:00 PM
Old 03-14-2011
Donated.

I'm home now watching it on CNN. It's a nightmare and it seems worse every time I look.

Thanks for making that link available.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

What a relief

It is so nice to find a site where you can actually get answers to Unix questions - I've found most of my answers just my searching - but was amazed at the fast response to the nightmare file questions. Thank you again! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

only in japan ...

Water Rocket Man pcsMfLWSYx8 These japanese are a little nuts if you ask me ... :D (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
8 Replies

3. What is on Your Mind?

A bit of light relief...

How about a thread to show your Desktop, Console or computing environment... This is my current MacBook Pro 13 inch screen... Let's see some others no matter how boring... ;oD (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
7 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitComplexMUsernContributed Perl DoPerl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitComplexMappings(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitComplexMappings - Map blocks should have a single statement. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
The map function can be confusing to novices in the best of circumstances. Mappings with multiple statements are even worse. They're also a maintainer's nightmare because any added complexity decreases readability precipitously. Why? Because map is traditionally a one-liner converting one array to another. Trying to cram lots of functionality into a one-liner is a bad idea in general. The best solutions to a complex mapping are: 1) write a subroutine that performs the manipulation and call that from map; 2) rewrite the map as a for loop. CAVEATS
This policy currently misses some compound statements inside of the map. For example, the following code incorrectly does not trigger a violation: map { do { foo(); bar() } } @list CONFIGURATION
By default this policy flags any mappings with more than one statement. While we do not recommend it, you can increase this limit as follows in a .perlcriticrc file: [BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitComplexMappings] max_statements = 2 AUTHOR
Chris Dolan <cdolan@cpan.org> CREDITS
Initial development of this policy was supported by a grant from the Perl Foundation. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007-2011 Chris Dolan. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::BuiltinFunctions::ProhibitComplexMappings(3)