Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl launch threads in an array variable? Post 302504490 by trey85stang on Monday 14th of March 2011 06:08:19 PM
Old 03-14-2011
I forgot to clean that up, it should read mysub. My variable names are not always politically correct so I try to change them before posting.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

new to perl.. how do I do this ? fork/ threads ?

I have never coded in perl before (just started today morning :). I need to write a perl program to automate a task. Here is how I do it manually: Start a program in my home dir. Now if I want to execute another program while this one is still running, what I would do is go to another... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_learner
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl v5.8.5 Threads Problem

Hi Unix gurus, I am facing a threading problem in Perl. I have a worker thread in perl in which I am calling a shell script. The shell script echo's output to the Standard Output from time to time as it progresses. In the worker thread, I am unable to display the echo statement of shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: som.nitk
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl, put one array into many array when field is equal to sth

Hi Everyone, #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; use warnings; my @test=("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;ggg;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); would like to split the @test array into two array: @test1=(("a;b;qqq;c;d","a;b;qqq;c;d"); and @test2=("a;b;ggg;c;d"); means search for 3rd filed. Thanks find the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I launch a command on an existing terminal in unix using PERL

Hello, I have a PERL-TK based GUI from which I want to launch a command on an existing UNIX terminal (this is also the parent terminal for this perl based gui window). The command I want to launch is interactive (there is no intention to interact with that command from the same PERL gui i.e. no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnuragJindal
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Launch a windows program from perl script

Hi i wanted to know if any one can give me an example on how to launch a windows program in a perl script. I wanted to open the nmap software on my computer with a perl script, i heard this can be done with the system function. Would the function be in this format: $text =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingbp
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script timer on program launch

So I am attempting to get a short but complex perl script to be able to time out an application that I will launch from a command line. The terminal I use is MKS C SHELL and I am having trouble doing the a job spawn that will launch the application and keep time on it. I know you could do this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vas28r13
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Split lines into array - variable line items - variable no of lines.

Hi, I have the following lines that I would like to see in an array for easy comparisons and printing: Example 1: field1,field2,field3,field4,field5 value1,value2,value3,value4,value5Example 2: field1,field3,field4,field2,field5,field6,field7... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL : Read an array and write to another array with intial string pattern checks

I have an array and two variables as below, I need to check if $datevar is present in $filename. If so, i need to replace $filename with the values in the array. I need the output inside an ARRAY How can this be done. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: irudayaraj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

using threads in perl

Hi everyone, I am trying to create a script which runs a number of processes simultaneously and at the same time use a timer to keep track of what is going on. The problem is that the timer stops and the script exits upon the completion of some of the processes, whereas I want to timer to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: free2rhyme2k
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: array name tha contains contents of a variable

Hi there I have a counter called my $counter = 0; I am trying to build an array that will have a name that is for example my @array0 = ("some", "stuff"); but instead of hard coding the "0" in the array name i want to use whatever value the aforementioned $counter has in it...so ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
1 Replies
KITSEND(1)						      General Commands Manual							KITSEND(1)

NAME
kitpost - posts distribution kits SYNOPSIS
kitpost [ -hrV ] [ -H file ] [ -D desc ] [ -m dest1,dest2 ] [ kits ] [ newsgroups ] DESCRIPTION
Kitpost posts distribution kits made by makedist to some (source) newsgroups specified on the command line. If you do not specify any kit list, then all the kits are sent. Otherwise, only the specified kits will be (re)sent. A kit list may include ranges, 1-10 specifying kits 1 through 10, and 5- meaning kits 5 up to the last one. You may also specify kit num- bers by separating them with commas or spaces, and even mix with ranges, such as: 1 3 5-7 9. Kitpost ensures correct References: lines are inserted in your postings so that all parts but the first point to the root article. Threaded newsreaders and end-users traditionally appreciate that. OPTIONS
The following options are recognized by kitpost: -h Print help message and exit. -m dest1,destn Sends kits by e-mail to the specified recipients. This option may be used in conjunction with newsgroup posting. It is mainly intended for sites where direct posting to a moderated newsgroup is not allowed by inews. You may thus send your kits to the newsgroup moderator in a form that will ease the whole posting process. -r Signals a repost. -D description Specify a description string that will be added to the subject line. Usually a brief sentence (less than, say, 40 characters). -H file Specify a file to be used as header introduction in the first part of your posting. Usually the root README file. -V Print version number and exit. BUGS
Article cross-referencing is properly set-up only when the whole package is (re)posted in one batch. It is not currently possible to set-up the article headers manually or better, interactively. AUTHOR
Raphael Manfredi <ram@hptnos02.grenoble.hp.com> SEE ALSO
makedist(1), kitsend(1). ram KITSEND(1)