Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Transfer Rate Disk
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Transfer Rate Disk Post 302504485 by karlochacon on Monday 14th of March 2011 05:55:22 PM
Old 03-14-2011
Transfer Rate Disk

hi guys

I have a linux server which has about 5 volumes from SAN (fiber channel) now I need to measure the transfer rate between one LUN which is a Logical Volume to another LUN which is another Logical Volume.

so basically this server has 5 LUNs from SAN
each SAN volume is a logical volume presented to linux

any tool to measure transfers rate (Megabytes per second)

so while I copy a file like 1 Terabyte I can get MB/second

thanks a lot

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

HP UX disk io rate question

I only have two disk in my HP machine but when i execute iostat command device bps sps msps c0t0d1 0 0.0 1.0 disk0 49 2.8 1.0 disk5 0 0.0 1.0 I didn't know where device name disk0 and disk5 device name disk0 disk5 ,it is really disk or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Very SLOW STFTP transfer rate

Hi, I am experiencing extremely show transfer rates when transferring zip files over SFTP. Over FTP it works fine. I have disabled compression in the sshd_config file but that does not seem to help.. Any ideas? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Limit transfer speed rate by iptables Rules

I have D-Link Router DSL-2730U that support busybox OS and iptables version 1.4.0 I managed successfully to block the host for being connect to the internet using the following command block by ip address iptables -I FORWARD -d 192.168.1.6 -j DROP Or By mac source iptables -I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iLinux85
0 Replies
LVREDUCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       LVREDUCE(8)

NAME
lvreduce - reduce the size of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvreduce [-A|--autobackup y|n] [-d|--debug] [-f|--force] [-h|-?|--help] [--noudevsync] {-l|--extents [-]LogicalExtentsNum- ber[%{VG|LV|FREE|ORIGIN}] | -L|--size [-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE]} [-t|--test] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolume[Path] DESCRIPTION
lvreduce allows you to reduce the size of a logical volume. Be careful when reducing a logical volume's size, because data in the reduced part is lost!!! You should therefore ensure that any filesystem on the volume is resized before running lvreduce so that the extents that are to be removed are not in use. Shrinking snapshot logical volumes (see lvcreate(8) for information to create snapshots) is supported as well. But to change the number of copies in a mirrored logical volume use lvconvert (8). Sizes will be rounded if necessary - for example, the volume size must be an exact number of extents and the size of a striped segment must be a multiple of the number of stripes. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -f, --force Force size reduction without any question. --noudevsync Disable udev synchronisation. The process will not wait for notification from udev. It will continue irrespective of any possible udev processing in the background. You should only use this if udev is not running or has rules that ignore the devices LVM2 cre- ates. -l, --extents [-]LogicalExtentsNumber[%{VG|LV|FREE|ORIGIN}] Reduce or set the logical volume size in units of logical extents. With the - sign the value will be subtracted from the logical volume's actual size and without it the value will be taken as an absolute size. The number can also be expressed as a percentage of the total space in the Volume Group with the suffix %VG, relative to the existing size of the Logical Volume with the suffix %LV, as a percentage of the remaining free space in the Volume Group with the suffix %FREE, or (for a snapshot) as a percentage of the total space in the Origin Logical Volume with the suffix %ORIGIN. -L, --size [-]LogicalVolumeSize[bBsSkKmMgGtTpPeE] Reduce or set the logical volume size in units of megabytes. A size suffix of k for kilobyte, m for megabyte, g for gigabytes, t for terabytes, p for petabytes or e for exabytes is optional. With the - sign the value will be subtracted from the logical vol- ume's actual size and without it it will be taken as an absolute size. Example "lvreduce -l -3 vg00/lvol1" reduces the size of logical volume lvol1 in volume group vg00 by 3 logical extents. SEE ALSO
lvchange(8), lvconvert(8), lvcreate(8), lvextend(8), lvm(8), lvresize(8), vgreduce(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.67(2) (2010-06-04) LVREDUCE(8)