Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Execute code in kernel mode.
Top Forums Programming Execute code in kernel mode. Post 302504454 by Corona688 on Monday 14th of March 2011 04:05:12 PM
Old 03-14-2011
LD_PRELOAD will work for you then. Take a look at the code used in libkeepalive, it overrides socket(), you should be able to override gettimeofday() the same way. Force your fake library to be overloaded first with LD_PRELOAD="/path/to/my/fake/library.so" and it will call timeofday from it instead if it finds it there.

Do not export LD_PRELOAD="..." for the whole system, just when running that application. You could mess up your system pretty severely if it got preloaded in places you didn't intend.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

k_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E

HELP is urgently required, I run on SCO Unix 3 and this is the panic message that I get every time that I reboot 10U k_trap - kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E I have checked the swap already having the following results: #swap -l path dev swaplo blocks free... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_slb
3 Replies

2. SCO

unexpected trap in kernel mode

hi, I am trying to install sco openserver 5.0.4 on an old system. However, l was not able to proceed after putting the bootstr l have this panic message of PANIC: K_trap - kernel mode trap tupe 0x00000006 will someone kindly help to decode this error kayode (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

3. Linux

Kernel panic - not syncing: cannot execute a PAE-enabled kernel on PAE-less CPU

ok so I just installed fedora core 6 on my dell inspiron 700m and I go to boot into linux and I get this error. Has anyone seen this before? I also had XP Pro and Vista installed on this pc prior to putting fedora core 6 on the machine. I'm trying to setup a triple boot system. Please Help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave043
2 Replies

4. Programming

Aplication user and kernel mode (data access)

Hi all, I am trying to setup a program to use a device driver and am confusing buffer access between User and Kernel mode. I think all applications running in User space have to communicate with the device drivers using io control calls and then have some functions called back from the driver... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Mode

Hi all i have queastion. Can anybody pease help me what is user mode and kernel mode and the term "De-mountable volumes" means? Thanks Palash (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: palash2k
2 Replies

6. SCO

PANIC: k_trap - Kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E

Hi, i'm another question: I'm a directory /usr/data on my server sco unix 5.0.5: # du /usr/data 4386948 /usr/data I'm tried to connect to ftp directory /usr/data to this server and: PANIC: k_trap - Kernel mode trap type 0x0000000E Cannot dump 262040 pages to dumpdev hd(1/41):space... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sebpes
3 Replies

7. Programming

which function copies data from user to kernel mode

when transitionaning from user to kernel mode which function copies data from user mode buffer to kernel mode? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
5 Replies

8. Programming

HELP!!: CPU resource allocation between kernel modules and user mode process

Hi,all: I run my program which consists of one kernel module and one user mode process on a dual core server. The problem here is the kernel module consumes 100% of one core while the user mode process only consumes 10% of the other core, is there any solution that I can assign some computing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neyshule
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Precaution to access user mode buffers from kernel

When accessing a user mode buffers from kernel space drivers what precautions must we take and how those precautions need to be implemented? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
0 Replies
KLDLOAD(2)						      BSD System Calls Manual							KLDLOAD(2)

NAME
kldload -- load KLD files into the kernel LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/linker.h> int kldload(const char *file); DESCRIPTION
The kldload() system call loads a kld file into the kernel using the kernel linker. RETURN VALUES
The kldload() system call returns the fileid of the kld file which was loaded into the kernel. If an error occurs, kldload() will return -1 and set errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The named file is loaded unless: [EPERM] You do not have access to read the file or link it with the kernel. You should be the root user to be able to use the kld system calls. [EFAULT] Bad address encountered when adding kld info into the kernel space. [ENOMEM] There is no memory to load the file into the kernel. [ENOENT] The file was not found. [ENOEXEC] The file format of file was unrecognized. [EEXIST] The supplied file has already been loaded. SEE ALSO
kldfind(2), kldfirstmod(2), kldnext(2), kldstat(2), kldsym(2), kldunload(2), modfind(2), modfnext(2), modnext(2), modstat(2), kld(4), kldload(8) HISTORY
The kld interface first appeared in FreeBSD 3.0. BSD
March 3, 1999 BSD