Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Awk: How to merge duplicate lines and print in a single Post 302504409 by winter9 on Monday 14th of March 2011 01:45:09 PM
Old 03-14-2011
Thanks for the replied,

Can you explain a little bit more, I'm new for awk.

Many Thanks!

---------- Post updated at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:41 PM ----------

How can you read module1 and module2 into a 2 seperate parts with command?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a number and time: into one line. For each line need to delete the return and add a space. Please see the red color line. *****Original Log*****... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on Merge multi-lines into one single line

Hello, Can anyone let me know how to use Perl script to Merge following multi-lines into one single line... ***** Multi-line***** FILE_Write root OK Tue Jul 01 00:00:00 2008 cl_get_path file descriptor = 1 FILE_Write root OK ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyday
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

merge lines into single line based on symbol \t

The symbols are \t and \t\t (note: not tab) If the line starts with \t merge them into a single line upto symbol \t\t \t\t to end and start new line I able to join in a single line but not ending at \t\t and I completely confused help would be appreciated:b::D Input \ta tab XXXXXXXXXX \te... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print duplicate only lines as normal output - Awk

input output a1 100 200 XYZ_X a1 98 188 ABC (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Merge a group of lines into single line

Hi Everybody, Below are the contents of the a text file .., SN = 8 MSI = 405027002277133 IKVALUE = DE6AA6A11D42B69DF6398D44B17BC6F2 K4SNO = 2 CARDTYPE = SIM ALG = COMP128_3 SN = 8 MSI = 405027002546734 IKVALUE = 1D9F8BAA73973D8FBF8CBFB01436D822 K4SNO = 2 CARDTYPE = SIM ALG =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasanth_babu
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print duplicate lines

I have a file where some of the lines are duplicates. How do I use bash to print all the lines that have duplicates? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help combining txt files w/ multiple lines into csv single cell - also need data merge

:confused:Hello -- i just joined the forums. I am a complete noob -- only about 1 week into learning how to program anything... and starting with linux. I am working in Linux terminal. I have a folder with a bunch of txt files. Each file has several lines of html code. I want to combine... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jetsetter
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] How to extract single and duplicate lines from file?

Hi, I need help! I have two files, one containing a list of codes and the other a list of codes and their meaning. I need to extract from file 2 all the codes from file 1 into a new file. These are my files: File1: Metbo Metbo Memar Mth Metbo File2: Metbo Methanoculleus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokaps
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge multiple lines into a single line

Hi all, I'm relatively new to scripting, I can do pretty basic things. I have a daily log file that looks like: timestamp=2017-06-28-01.01.35.080576; event status=0; userid=user1; authid=user1; application id=10.10.10.10.11111.12345678901; application name=GUI; ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: dwdnet
29 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Merge multi-lines into one single line using shell script or Linux command

Hi, Can anyone help me for merge the following multi-line log which beginning with a " and line ending with ": into one line. *****Original Log***** 087;2008-12-06;084403;"mc;;SYHLR6AP1D\LNZW;AD-703;1;12475;SYHLR6AP1B;1.1.1.1;0000000062;HGPDI:MSISDN=12345678,APNID=1,EQOSID=365;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshlinux2010
3 Replies
OD(1)									FSF								     OD(1)

NAME
od - dump files in octal and other formats SYNOPSIS
od [OPTION]... [FILE]... od --traditional [FILE] [[+]OFFSET [[+]LABEL]] DESCRIPTION
Write an unambiguous representation, octal bytes by default, of FILE to standard output. With more than one FILE argument, concatenate them in the listed order to form the input. With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. All arguments to long options are mandatory for short options. -A, --address-radix=RADIX decide how file offsets are printed -j, --skip-bytes=BYTES skip BYTES input bytes first -N, --read-bytes=BYTES limit dump to BYTES input bytes -s, --strings[=BYTES] output strings of at least BYTES graphic chars -t, --format=TYPE select output format or formats -v, --output-duplicates do not use * to mark line suppression -w, --width[=BYTES] output BYTES bytes per output line --traditional accept arguments in traditional form --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Traditional format specifications may be intermixed; they accumulate: -a same as -t a, select named characters -b same as -t oC, select octal bytes -c same as -t c, select ASCII characters or backslash escapes -d same as -t u2, select unsigned decimal shorts -f same as -t fF, select floats -h same as -t x2, select hexadecimal shorts -i same as -t d2, select decimal shorts -l same as -t d4, select decimal longs -o same as -t o2, select octal shorts -x same as -t x2, select hexadecimal shorts For older syntax (second call format), OFFSET means -j OFFSET. LABEL is the pseudo-address at first byte printed, incremented when dump is progressing. For OFFSET and LABEL, a 0x or 0X prefix indicates hexadecimal, suffixes may be . for octal and b for multiply by 512. TYPE is made up of one or more of these specifications: a named character c ASCII character or backslash escape d[SIZE] signed decimal, SIZE bytes per integer f[SIZE] floating point, SIZE bytes per integer o[SIZE] octal, SIZE bytes per integer u[SIZE] unsigned decimal, SIZE bytes per integer x[SIZE] hexadecimal, SIZE bytes per integer SIZE is a number. For TYPE in doux, SIZE may also be C for sizeof(char), S for sizeof(short), I for sizeof(int) or L for sizeof(long). If TYPE is f, SIZE may also be F for sizeof(float), D for sizeof(double) or L for sizeof(long double). RADIX is d for decimal, o for octal, x for hexadecimal or n for none. BYTES is hexadecimal with 0x or 0X prefix, it is multiplied by 512 with b suffix, by 1024 with k and by 1048576 with m. Adding a z suffix to any type adds a display of printable characters to the end of each line of output. --string without a number implies 3. --width without a number implies 32. By default, od uses -A o -t d2 -w 16. AUTHOR
Written by Jim Meyering. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for od is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and od programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info od should give you access to the complete manual. od (coreutils) 4.5.3 February 2003 OD(1)