Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Terminal emulator from scratch. Post 302504369 by Corona688 on Monday 14th of March 2011 11:46:00 AM
Old 03-14-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdini
I was testing it with passwd and was unable to control the input and output correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Only things like interactive editors and login systems check isatty().
It's no mystery why passwd refuses to work with pipes. I also warned that interactive programs would do this.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

how to use terminal emulator???

hello, can any body tell how to use terminal emulator.... i want to check he serial port communication with the help of that terminal emmulator.... also tell me how to open terminal emmulator.....and how to configure it........and how to use it... I am using fedora core 6..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

unix from scratch

hi all, i'm trying to write a unix system from scratch (not re-writing the kernel) does anyone have information about that? tips and stuff...?i would appreciate every help, thnks :) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: elzalem
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Filesystem from scratch

Hey, Had anyone tried with writing a new FS - file system ( whether its useful or not, that doesn't matter ) ? I tried one couple of years ago, but that was a fatal failure :( and can't continue working on it since then. :( Anybody got some experience with writing file system from the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Tera Terminal Emulator

Hello Expert! :b: Question for you guys, Can anyone tell me how to use terminal emulator on Windows XP to view Solaris config? I have no idea on Solaris and the only thing I could do is to boot it up. Honestly, I have given a tasked to delete all the files and some necessary memory information... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katsloko
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal Emulator

Hi, I was just wondering how to distinguish between the two terms: 1. Terminal emulator (vt100, vt220 and so on) 2. shell command line Then i decided to conclude myself that these 2 are very equivalent. am I right? this actually came to my mind when I was using my HP-UX terminal. I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: messi777
1 Replies
bterm(1)						      General Commands Manual							  bterm(1)

NAME
bterm - framebuffer terminal emulator SYNOPSIS
bterm -f font.bgf [-l locale] [program] DESCRIPTION
bterm is a terminal emulator for the Linux framebuffer. It supports multibyte locales and wide characters, in addition to basic terminal features such as cursor positioning. OPTIONS
-f font.bgf Specify the font. BGF fonts are produced by bdftobogl(1) from standard BDF font files. -l locale Specify a locale for bterm and processes run within it. The locale may also be specified normally in the environment. If a locale, especially one with a different character set than the current locale, will be used inside of bterm, it should be specified on the command line. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1-125 Exit code from executed program 127 Failed to exec program >=128 Program terminated by signal. NOTES
On Debian systems, one appropriate BDF font can be found in the bf-utf-source package. SEE ALSO
bdftobogl(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Jacobowitz <dan@debian.org>. BOGL
31 March 2002 bterm(1)