Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to retain zero
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to retain zero Post 302504214 by aishsimplesweet on Monday 14th of March 2011 04:37:03 AM
Old 03-14-2011
it's giving me this error

-bash$ date -d'1 hour ago' +%Y%m%d%H
date: illegal option -- d
usage: date [-u] mmddHHMM[[cc]yy][.SS]
date [-u] [+format]
date -a [-]sss[.fff]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retain text using pax

I have a .tar file consisting of text and binary files. I ftp'd the .tar file using ftp binary. when I did the pax to unwind the tar file, I noiticed that the text files were encoded in binary. **How would I retain the text characteristics of the ascii text files, while also keeping the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: idic5
11 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retain leading zeros

Hi All, I am working with a fixed width file Forrmat. C1 Number (10,3) C2 Number (10,3) e.g. c1= 0000000100.000 c2= 0000000020.000 0000000100.0000000000020.000 I have to perform c1 - c2 . i.e. I want answer to be 0000000080.000. but I am loosing the leading zeros( only getting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish Jha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain 3 latest files

Guys, Please can you tell me how to retain 3 latest files in a directory and get rid of the rest ? Thanks very much Regards, Ganesh (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamathg
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retain File Timestamp

There are directories of files that I have to run the dos2ux command on to get ride of the carriage return characters. Easy enough, but I have to retain the original timestamps on the files. I am thinking that I am going to have to strip off the timestamp for each file and convert it to unix time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scotbuff
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

retain last 1000 line in a file

I have large file with around 100k+ lines. I wanted to retain only the last 100 lines in that file. One way i thought was using tail -1000 filename > filename1 mv filename1 filename But there should be a better solution.. Is there a way I can use sed or any such command to change the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to retain particular rows

Hi All, I am in need of help to retain particular rows. I have a large file with 5 columns. Column 3 has signs like “=” “>” “<” and column 5 has values “nm” “%” or empty space. I need to keep only rows which have “=” in column 3 and “nm” in column 5. How can I do it in awk? Any help is greatly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newpro
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace and retain entries.

Replace and retain entries. I have a certain users that will replaced a certain values, but if it has already a value it will retain its values. Thanks Data to be placed: account_locked = false loginretries = 0 pwdwarntime = 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retain blank spaces in AWK?

Hi all, I have space delimated file which look like this 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 0 11 I am using simple awk command to read the second column awk '{print $2}' input_file but i got the output like this which also read 10 from the third column 2 6... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsn2011
8 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retain ownership

Hi, I have a script which transfers files/directories from one HP unix to another HP unix server using SCP but i need to retain ownership of files/folders same as source server my script is as follows cd /sasdata/TR_CNTO328/C0328T07/Dry_Run_1/Macros find . -type d -newer . -exec scp -pr {}... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tushar_spatil
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete and retain some characters

Ive been trying to google and tried sed and awk. BUt still getting no exact formula. I would like to know how to parse this at: From: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.10000 123456 To: Compute Machin Appliance 3.2.9.123456 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
5 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a file name containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)