Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiple conditions in a CASE statement Post 302504145 by Chubler_XL on Sunday 13th of March 2011 09:05:45 PM
Old 03-13-2011
Combine the two vars with a seperator eg for green yellow red conditions:

Code:
CASE ${vendor}+${alias} in
    *+green|green+*) statements;;
    *+yellow|yellow+*)  statements;;
    *+red|red+*)  statements;;
  etc.
esac

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 03-13-2011 at 10:13 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

if statement with two conditions

Hi, I am trying to use && set up to match two conditions within ksh: if && then '''Do something if somehow, I keep getting error message telling me that ] is missing. What's wrong with my code? Thanks a lot for your help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cin2000
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

If statement with multiple conditions

I have a script that runs on multiple servers. What I want to do is have the script do the following: if $(hostname) is equal to server or server2 then TO_DIR=go else TO_DIR=stop fi I have tried: if if ] Server is hpux. any ideas? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple lines inside a case statement

echo "please enter ur choice.. 1. Make a file. 2. Display contents 3. Copy the file 4. Rename the file 5. Delete the file 6. Exit" read choice case $choice in 1 ) echo enter the file name read fname if then echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotam
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Conditions Perl if Statement

Hello, I'm trying to put together a script that involves pulling data from a config file. I'm attempting to write an if statement to validate one of the pieces of data from the config file, but I think I'm fat fingering it somehow. $config{VALUE} is being pulled from a config file but can only... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Picch
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiple Find Conditions in IF Statement - UNIX

When I try the below if Condition with single condition its working fine. But when I try to Club both its working . But giving wrong results. In my case cond1 = -f ${filename1} = true cond2 = -f ${filename2} = true But Cond1 & Cond2 is resulting in False ??? Please advise ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Reddy
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Choose multiple conditions in case?

Hi all, I am attempting to create a shell script to optimize some routine process. I want this script can let user select the actions they want to do. But I met a problem that my script can only read one input and then do one action. Is it possible to let my script to run more than one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaiya
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions inside my if statement

Hello, I am using shell scripting and I am recieving odd results from my if statement if I want it to enter the loop only if L1 is equal to zero and one of the other criteria are filled, however it is entering at other times as well. What can i do to fix this? i tried seperating it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryddner
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple conditions inside if statement

I was trying to write multiple conditions inside the if statement but its not working. export VAR_NM=abc.txt export CURR_DT=20131011 export PREV_DT=20131012 if && then echo "Yes" else echo "NO" fi It should return Yes but returning NO always.Appreciate any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Check Multiple conditions in IF statement?

I wish to check two conditions inside the if statement Condition 1: The two file contents should be identical // using cmp command for this. Condition 2: The two filenames should NOT be the same. This is what i did in vain. if ]; then where entry1 and entry2 are ls *.txt | while... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
secolor.conf(8) 					      System Manager's Manual						   secolor.conf(8)

NAME
secolor.conf - The SELinux color configuration file DESCRIPTION
The /etc/selinux/{SELINUXTYPE}/secolor.conf configuation file controls the color to be associated to the context components associated to the raw context passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), when context related information is to be displayed in color by an SELinux-aware application. selinux_raw_context_to_color(3) obtains this color information from the active policy secolor.conf file as returned by selinux_col- ors_path(3). FILE FORMAT
The file format is as follows: color color_name = #color_mask [...] context_component string = fg_color_name bg_color_name [...] Where: color The color keyword. Each color entry is on a new line. color_name A single word name for the color (e.g. red). color_mask A color mask starting with a hash (#) that describes the hexadecimal RGB colors with black being #000000 and white being #ffffff. context_component The context component name that must be one of the following: user, role, type or range Each context_component string ... entry is on a new line. string This is the context_component string that will be matched with the raw context component passed by selinux_raw_context_to_color(3). A wildcard '*' may be used to match any undefined string for the user, role and type context_component entries only. fg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the foreground color. A color_mask may also be used. bg_color_name The color_name string that will be used as the background color. A color_mask may also be used. EXAMPLES
Example 1 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #D2B48C user * = black white role * = white black type * = tan orange range s0-s0:c0.c1023 = black green range s1-s1:c0.c1023 = white green range s3-s3:c0.c1023 = black tan range s5-s5:c0.c1023 = white blue range s7-s7:c0.c1023 = black red range s9-s9:c0.c1023 = black orange range s15:c0.c1023 = black yellow Example 2 entries are: color black = #000000 color green = #008000 color yellow = #ffff00 color blue = #0000ff color white = #ffffff color red = #ff0000 color orange = #ffa500 color tan = #d2b48c user unconfined_u = #ff0000 green role unconfined_r = red #ffffff type unconfined_t = red orange user user_u = black green role user_r = white black type user_t = tan red user xguest_u = black yellow role xguest_r = black red type xguest_t = black green user sysadm_u = white black range s0:c0.c1023 = black white user * = black white role * = black white type * = black white SEE ALSO
mcstransd(8), selinux_raw_context_to_color(3), selinux_colors_path(3) SELinux API documentation 08 April 2011 secolor.conf(8)