Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Renaming files in one file from names in other Post 302504064 by ctsgnb on Sunday 13th of March 2011 12:02:41 PM
Old 03-13-2011
ok you mean the "average" of these numbers ?
so give a try to
Code:
paste f2 f1 | while read a b
do
t=${b##*_}
v=$(echo $b | sed 's/.*_//;s/-/+/')
n=${b%$t}$(( ($v) / 2 )).${a#*.}
echo "mv $a $n"
done

This should give you something like :

Code:
mv U_P_321_9_3_11.ab1 K2_34650.ab1
mv U_P_322_9_3_11.ab1 K7_988973.ab1
mv U_P_323_9_3_11.ab1 K12_4253992.ab1

if it fits your needs, just change
Code:
echo "mv $a $n"

with
Code:
mv "$a $n"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file names in a shell script

I want to write a shell script that will rename all the file names to today's date attached to it.. so for example i have a file names like file1.sales.20081201.txt.c zbrs.salestxtn.20091101.txt.inn then it will rename both the files with todays date to it so the file names get changed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some questions - renaming duplicate names

I have a file that looks like this 2 4 10 500 tim9 5 8 14 700 tim9 3 5 15 432 john1 1 4 12 999 ellen2 So basically what i want to do is fine duplicate names on column 5 and rename it with an extention (i.e. tim9_1 and tim9_2). so the output file will look like this 2 4 10 500 tim9_1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kylle345
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

File renaming from list of names contained in another file

I have to rename a large number of files so that the name of each file corresponds to a code number that is given side by side in a list (textfile). The list contains in column A the filename of the actual files to be renamed and in column B the name (a client code, 9 digits) that has to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: netfreighter
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming files from an array of names

I haven’t used Unix in over 25 years … and so I am at a loss for something that should be very simple. I have a lot of jpeg files (i.jpg) of students in a yearbook.. I also have an array name(i) of their names. I need to rename each “i.jpg” to “name(i).jpg”. I believe the ksh script... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuckmg
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file names

I have 7 files with 7 different names coming into a specified folder on weekly basis, i need to pick a file one after another and load into oracle table using sql loader. I am using ksh to do this. So in the process if the file has error records and if sql loader fails to load into oracle tables,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripts (Renaming file names with sequential numbers)

Hi there, Firstly, I have no experience with shell scripts so would really appreciate some help. I have the following shell script that is causing some problems: moveit() { && set -x if then DOUBLE_DELIVERY=$(grep... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: thebeno
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files with weird names

I have hundreds of files with weird names, something like this: I was wondering how can I rename them all keeping the sampleid and the last extension, something like this: Any help will be greatly appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xterra
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming File Names in a folder/Dir

Hi Team, I'm new to Unix shell scripting . I've the following requirement A folder contains the list of files with the following format ab.name.11.first ab.name.12.second ab.name.13.third ---------- I have to rename the above file to like below ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: smile689
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain file names while selectingData files coming in different names in a file name called

Data files coming in different names in a file name called process.txt. 1. shipments_yyyymmdd.gz 2 Order_yyyymmdd.gz 3. Invoice_yyyymmdd.gz 4. globalorder_yyyymmdd.gz The process needs to discard all the below files and only process two of the 4 file names available ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsravanam
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Renaming the file names in a directory

Hi, I have about 60 files in a directory and need to rename those files. For example the file names are i_can_phone_yymmdd.txt (where yymmdd is the date. i.e 170420 etc) i_usa_phone_1_yymmdd.txt i_eng_phone_4_yymmdd.txt The new file names should be phone.txt phone_1.txt phone_4.txt I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveed
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)