Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Syntax error calling TCL script from shell script Post 302504040 by homeboy on Sunday 13th of March 2011 09:14:59 AM
Old 03-13-2011
could you post your complete code?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Correct Syntax For Calling Shell Script in Perl Module

Problem: I have a shell script that will be called by a Perl module that will connect to a db and delete rows. The Perl module will be called by CRON. I am using a Perl module to call a shell script because I need to get the db connection from Perl. Here is the Perl pseudocode: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mh53j_fe
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when calling sybase stored proc from shell script

Hi, I am writing a script that needs to call a stored proc which would update a column in a table based on a condition. I need to also capture the number of rows updated. However, When I execute the script I keep getting this error: ./test_isql.sh: syntax error at line 33: `end of file'... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikk
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error in calling a shell script from another script

HI, We are using two shell scripts, script.sh,env.sh, where env.sh will be called inside script.sh. The variable inside env.sh is used as $var in script.sh.But while running the script its not identifying that variable. Is there any permission needed to call a script inside another script. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: banupriyat
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Syntax Error in Unix Shell Script

I am trying to run a unix script in my home directory.Snippet below echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'` Getting ProductList.dat" if ( -f $DIR/ProductList.dat) then cp $DIR/ProductList.dat MigratedProductList.dat else echo "`date '+%Y%m%d_%H%M%S'`ProductList.dat does not exist; Processing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary James
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error in shell script

I am creating a shell script. In which, I need to get server name and server IP. I used this command in script. servername=`cat /etc/hosts|grep `eval hostname`|awk '{print $2}'` however, when execute script or put set -x to debug, it return: line 13: syntax error at line 13: `|' unexpected... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two initoras shell script syntax error

Hi All, I am executing the below shell script to compare two initoras files which is ending up in syntax error as below: -bash-3.2$ cat compare_two_initoras.sh #!/bin/bash file1=$1 file2=$2 for parameter in `cat $file1 | grep = | awk '{print $1}' | grep -v '#'` do value1=`grep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling shell script within awk script throws error

I am getting the following error while passing parameter to a shell script called within awk script. Any idea what's causing this issue and how to ix it ? Thanks sh: -c: line 0: syntax error near unexpected token `newline' sh: -c: line 0: `./billdatecalc.sh ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudhakar333
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calling Shell script Error

Hi All, I need to call a script in another server(Say B).So I logged in my local Machine(say A)using putty and given these command ssh root@hostname cd home\oracle sh script.sh. This is working perfectly.But when I have those command in a shell script and placed in my local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nivas
2 Replies
exit(1)                                                            User Commands                                                           exit(1)

NAME
exit, return, goto - shell built-in functions to enable the execution of the shell to advance beyond its sequence of steps SYNOPSIS
sh exit [n] return [n] csh exit [ ( expr )] goto label ksh *exit [n] *return [n] DESCRIPTION
sh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. If n is omitted the exit status is that of the last command executed (an EOF will also cause the shell to exit.) return causes a function to exit with the return value specified by n. If n is omitted, the return status is that of the last command exe- cuted. csh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit, either with the value of the status variable or with the value specified by the expression expr. The goto built-in uses a specified label as a search string amongst commands. The shell rewinds its input as much as possible and searches for a line of the form label: possibly preceded by space or tab characters. Execution continues after the indicated line. It is an error to jump to a label that occurs between a while or for built-in command and its corresponding end. ksh exit will cause the calling shell or shell script to exit with the exit status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the exit status is that of the last command executed. When exit occurs when executing a trap, the last command refers to the command that executed before the trap was invoked. An end-of-file will also cause the shell to exit except for a shell which has the ignoreeof option (See set below) turned on. return causes a shell function or '.' script to return to the invoking script with the return status specified by n. The value will be the least significant 8 bits of the specified status. If n is omitted then the return status is that of the last command executed. If return is invoked while not in a function or a '.' script, then it is the same as an exit. On this man page, ksh(1) commands that are preceded by one or two * (asterisks) are treated specially in the following ways: 1. Variable assignment lists preceding the command remain in effect when the command completes. 2. I/O redirections are processed after variable assignments. 3. Errors cause a script that contains them to abort. 4. Words, following a command preceded by ** that are in the format of a variable assignment, are expanded with the same rules as a vari- able assignment. This means that tilde substitution is performed after the = sign and word splitting and file name generation are not performed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
break(1), csh(1), ksh(1), sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 15 Apr 1994 exit(1)