Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: new member
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? new member Post 302503957 by crmpicco on Saturday 12th of March 2011 06:31:13 PM
Old 03-12-2011
Welcome, annsoo.

Picco

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

member titles

I must have missed it , but what do Junior Memeber/Member mean? is there a reference arounf for the significance of these titles ? Thanks, Hezki (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me2unix
3 Replies

2. Solaris

As a new member how do I go about asking question to the administrator and other users (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malusims
1 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Who is The First Member !!!

Hello Admins Just tell me who is the first member of this forum. Regards, Awadhesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new member need help

brothers and sisters iam a new member of your respectful forum hope to accept me i really would like to an expert in unix and linux so please tell me how could ? and what i should have ? i want to make my project in these subject but i dont know what to do and which... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yemen
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HI Bruce from Central PA I have never used Unix but am sick of Microsoft so want to learn it. I use to own a computer store front and training center and stated our with Atari, Commodore and the 1st PC and MS/DOS then Windows BUT sick of Microsoft controlling the computer industry. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brucec
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

NEW MEMBER PLZ HELP

hi , I am solaris 9 certified system administrator and planning to upgrade to solaris 10, can any one help me to get course meterial hard or soft copy. plz contact ' urgent' Thanks. yappoo. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yappoo
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Member - First Question

Here is my situation... System - HP UNIX (HP-UX hq5 B.11.00 U 9000/800 (td)) I have an HL7 (Health Level Seven) pipe-delimied file that does not have any carriage returns/line feeds. I need to insert a line feed before each segment type (MSH, PID, PV1, OBX, etc.) so that my PROGRESS program... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varefump
16 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Hi guys! My name is Leonida and I am new here to this forum. Nice meeting you all. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: leeoona
1 Replies
add member(1m)															    add member(1m)

NAME
add member - Adds a member to a group in a name service entry; if the specified entry does not exist, creates the entry SYNOPSIS
rpccp add member group-entry-name -m member [-s syntax] OPTIONS
Declares the name of a member to be added to the specified group entry (required). You can add only one member at a time. Indicates the name syntax of the entry name (optional). The only value for this option is the dce name syntax, which is the default name syntax. Until an alternative name syntax becomes available, specifying the -s option is unnecessary. ARGUMENTS
Specifies the name of the target group. For an entry in the local cell, you can omit the cell name and specify only the cell-relative name. DESCRIPTION
The add member command adds a member to a group in a name service entry. The name of the entry containing the group and the name of the new group member are required. The entry of a group may have been created previously (by either the add entry or add member command). If the specified entry does not exist, the add member command tries to create the entry. Privilege Required You need both read permission and write permission to the CDS object entry (the target group entry). If the entry does not exist, you also need insert permission to the parent directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLES
The following commands run RPCCP and add the member /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 to the group /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group: $ rpccp rpccp> add member > -m /.:/LandS/anthro/Cal_host_3 > /.:/LandS/anthro/Calendar_group RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: remove group(1m), remove member(1m), show group(1m) add member(1m)