Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers XML / XSD: what is a good format for amounts? Post 302503894 by fpmurphy on Saturday 12th of March 2011 09:54:44 AM
Old 03-12-2011
Since you have not provided us with the definition of the custom amount type there is no way anybody can answer your question.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Generating XML from XSD

Hi all, Am looking for a way to generate XML based on XSDs so that the final XML need not be validated against the XSDs again. Here is the part of the XSD <xsd:element name="first_element"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="val"/> </xsd:sequence> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

compare two text files in a good format

I am writting a script where I have to Campare two text files. I have 3 text files named by s_list, s_list_new and dmg_file. where I have to compare s_list and s_list_new and whatever the unique values are in s_list I have to add that in the dmg_file. And the values they are only in s_list_new... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

format xml

i want to grep to a file the numerator-denominator, 1.23456, 1.78901 from the following xml tags. <locks:pair xc:value="numerator/denominator" xc:type="Fields"> <mp:formFactor>1</mp:formFactor> <mp:quotation>numerator-denominator</mp:quotation> <mp:one>1.23456</mp:one>... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML format

Please help to convert the file which is tab separated into xml format 'Date' 'ID' 'Name' 'Time' 'Average Time' 2010-06-02 3 30943 00:00:50 1.39 2010-06-02 1 4545 00:01:03 2010-06-02 9 8203 00:01:00 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

XMLLINT COMMAND IN UNIX TO VALIDATE XML AGAINST XSD

Hi i am baby to unix shell script. how do i validate xml agaist xsd and transforms xml using xslt. Thanks Mohan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.cheepu
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Format output not good

Hi All, When i type format in solaris , I get the below output .This is not clear. Pl explain why it is looking like this. 0. c6t600A0B800067BCDE000002A64B15CBB4d0 <SUN-LCSM100_F-0735 cyl 12798 alt 2 hd 64 sec 64> /scsi_vhci/ssd@g600a0b800067bcde000002a64b15cbb4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required converting XSD to XML file in PERL

Hi, Please find below the xsd. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <xs:schema xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="fruitorder"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="orderperson"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanitham
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML against XSD

Hi Frnds I want to validate an xml file against its xsd using KSH. But dont have any idea on how to proceed:confused:.. Please help me with your ideas.. Thanks in advance.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balesh
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate xml agaist xsd is ksh

how do i validate xml agaist xsd is ksh? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LiorAmitai
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validating XML file using XSD in UNIX

Hi, I have a xml file and a xsd file(xml schema file). Here using unix script i wanted to validate the xml file by referring to xsd file. The validation is in terms of Datatype,Field length and null values. If the data present in the xml file is not matching in terms of datatype,field length... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shree11
3 Replies
GPE-QUESTION(1) 						   gpe-question 						   GPE-QUESTION(1)

NAME
gpe-question - GPE interface for asking questions from shell scripts. SYNOPSIS
gpe-question [---icon] name {--question "Question text"} {--buttons icon1:text1} [icon2:text2 ...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page was written for the Debian(TM) distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. gpe-question provides dialogues to raise a question within the GPE Palmtop Environment with cancel and ok buttons. OPTIONS
--question STRING The question to ask the user via the dialogue. --buttons type:label The type and label of the button(s) to be shown. Repeat for additional buttons. EXAMPLES
gpe-question "test" --question "Do you want to check first?" --buttons YES:yes NO:no AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> for the Debian(TM) system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. AUTHOR
Moray Allen Author. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2007 Neil Williams Debian 1 January 16, 2007 GPE-QUESTION(1)