Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with replace character based on specific location Post 302503866 by pravin27 on Saturday 12th of March 2011 04:35:45 AM
Old 03-12-2011
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;

my %ref_h;
my (@refdata,@ar);
my ($start,$end,$format,$col);

open(RF,"<","reffile") or  die "Fail-$!\n";
while (<RF>) {
chomp;
@refdata=split;
$ref_h{$refdata[0]}=[$refdata[1],$refdata[2]]
}
close(RF);

open(DF,"<","datafile") or die "Fail-$!\n";
while (<DF>){
        chomp;
        if (/^\+\+/) {
        ($col=$_)=~s/\++//g;
        next unless exists $ref_h{$col} ;
        print "$_\n";
        $start=$ref_h{$col}[0];
        $end=$ref_h{$col}[1];
        next;
        }
        next unless $start>0;
        $format="A".($start-1)." x".($end-$start+1)." A*";
        @ar=unpack($format, $_);
        ($ar[1],$ar[2])=("X" x ($end-$start+1),$ar[1]);
        print @ar,"\n";
        $start=0;$end=0;
}
close(DF);

Last edited by pravin27; 03-12-2011 at 05:47 AM..
This User Gave Thanks to pravin27 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace specific character and specific position

I am trying to use sed to replace specific characters at a specific position in the file with a different value... can this be done? Example: File: A0199999123 A0199999124 A0199999125 Need to replace 99999 in positions 3-7 with 88888. Any help is appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: programmer22
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace a string a specific value in specific location in AIX

Hi, I have following samp.txt file in unix. samp.txt 01Roy2D3M000000 02Rad2D3M222222 . . . . 10Mik0A2M343443 Desired Output 01Roy2A3M000000 02Rad2A3M222222 . . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace specific character , if possible using sed

My script is extracting data from SQl session, however sometimes the result contains one or multiple space after/before any numerical value. e,g . "123","1 34","1 3 45", "43 5" How to remove these unwanted spaces..so that I can get the following result : "123","134",1345","435" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace spaces at a specific Location

Hello All, I have a comma separated file which needs to be loaded to the database. But, I need to trim the white spaces for a specific column before its loaded. Below is the sample line from the input file: 690,690,0575,"01011940","01011940", , , , , ,36720,36722,V2020,V2999,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Praveenkulkarni
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File character adjustment based on specific character

i have a reqirement to adjust the data in a file based on a perticular character the sample data is as below 483PDEAN CORRIGAN 52304037528955WAGES 50000 89BP ABCD MASTER352 5434604223735428 4200 58BP SOUTHERN WA848 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pema.yozer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a word at specific location

I'm try to change a the prohibit to aix for the lines starting with ssh and emagent and rest should be the same. Can anyone please suggest me how to do that using a shell script or sed passwd account required /usr/lib/security/pam_prohibit passwd session required ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: pjeedu2247
13 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Replace certain character at specific place with related character

hello i have file with 100k records and each one has certain value that starts at 28th column and certain value that starts at 88th column e.g. 1st file <25>1234567 ..... <88> 8573785485 i have aditional file with values which are related to value that starts at 88th column of the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dell1520
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Parsing based on a character in a specific field

Hi All, I'm having a hard time finding a starting point for my issue. I have a 30k line file (fspsec.txt) that I would like to parse into smaller files based on any character existing in field 1. ACCOUNTANT LEVEL 1 (ACCT.ACCOUNTANT) OPERATORS: DOEJO (418) TOOLS: Branch Maintenance ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aahlrich
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy files based on specific word in a file name & its extension and putting it in required location

Hello All, Since i'm relatively new in shell script need your guidance. I'm copying files manually based on a specific word in a file name and its extension and then moving it into some destination folder. so if filename contains hyr word and it has .md and .db extension; it will move to TUM/HYR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: prajaktaraut
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert character at specific location in a each line of the file

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script where it should insert character 'I' in 180th position of each line(except first and last line) of the file. Below is the script for file in /home/test/bharat/*.RET do # Process file echo "File Name=" $file #l_fileName="${file##*/}" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath561989
19 Replies
IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)

NAME
"IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream" - stream-based protocols using lines of text SYNOPSIS
Most likely this class will be subclassed to implement a particular network protocol. package Net::Async::HelloWorld; use strict; use warnings; use base qw( IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream ); sub on_read_line { my $self = shift; my ( $line ) = @_; if( $line =~ m/^HELLO (.*)/ ) { my $name = $1; $self->invoke_event( on_hello => $name ); } } sub send_hello { my $self = shift; my ( $name ) = @_; $self->write_line( "HELLO $name" ); } This small example elides such details as error handling, which a real protocol implementation would be likely to contain. DESCRIPTION
EVENTS
The following events are invoked, either using subclass methods or CODE references in parameters: on_read_line $line Invoked when a new complete line of input is received. PARAMETERS
The following named parameters may be passed to "new" or "configure": on_read_line => CODE CODE reference for the "on_read_line" event. METHODS
$lineprotocol->write_line( $text ) Writes a line of text to the transport stream. The text will have the end-of-line marker appended to it; $text should not end with it. AUTHOR
Paul Evans <leonerd@leonerd.org.uk> perl v5.14.2 2012-10-24 IO::Async::Protocol::LineStream(3pm)