Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Do you read books with an ebook reader? Post 302503766 by figaro on Friday 11th of March 2011 03:00:58 PM
Old 03-11-2011
Reading ebooks on my android smartphone, so strictly speaking: yes.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. New to Unix. Which books should I read?

An addition for UNIX books to read

I wanted to add this to the FAQ section on which UNIX books should be read, but the thread is closed. One of my all time favorites is now available for free download, "UNIX Text Processing": http://www.oreilly.com/openbook/utp/ It discusses many fundemental questions that I often see posted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kduffin
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read from a USB Barcode-Reader

Hi all , I'm trying to read from a USB Barcode-Reader "LX-250" (on Unix) , I've written the following code ... But the program always failes on : ioctl call Please if anyone has any ideas on what causes it to fail ? Or how should I try to access the Barcode Device ? Your help is very... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuval
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Free ebook

Hi am new to this forum and want to start learning and using unix and am wondering if any body can tell me where to get a free ebook to read, i saw some books that was recommended, books by Rich stevens but over here i can't get those books in our stores and i don't have credit card to get it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bosman
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

im very new to unix/linux can someone tell me the best books to read...

im very new to unix/linux operating system and having a hard time understanding the command ( grep, ls, echo and variables) is there any book that is simple to understand... after taking this unix/linux operating system i need to take unix operating system..can someone help me please!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2071fox
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

How do you prefer to read books?

Time for a new poll. Just wondering how members in this forum prefer to read books. Paper E-reader Tablet Laptop/Desktop Smartphone Audiobook Not much of a reader Other A poll is added. If you select option: Other, please specify what it is. :b: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoda
14 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX ebook for beginners

hi all, Can you suggest me a ebook for unix beginners. I am new to unix. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajasingam
2 Replies
Graph::Reader(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Graph::Reader(3pm)

NAME
Graph::Reader - base class for Graph file format readers SYNOPSIS
package Graph::Reader::MyFormat; use Graph::Reader; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw(Graph::Reader); sub _read_graph { my ($self, $graph, $FILE) = @_; # read $FILE and populate $graph } DESCRIPTION
Graph::Reader is a base class for Graph file format readers. A particular subclass of Graph::Reader will handle a specific file format, and generate a Graph, represented using Jarkko Hietaniemi's Graph class. You should never create an instance of this class yourself, it is only meant for subclassing. If you try to create an instance of Graph::Reader, the constructor will throw an exception. METHODS
new() Constructor - generate a new reader instance. This is a virtual method, or whatever the correct lingo is. You're not meant to call this on the base class, it is inherited by the subclasses. Ie if you do something like: $reader = Graph::Reader->new(); It will throw an exception. read_graph() Read a graph from the specified file: $graph = $reader->read_graph($file); The $file argument can either be a filename, or a filehandle for a previously opened file. SUBCLASSING
To create your own graph format reader, create a module which subclasses Graph::Reader. For example, suppose DGF is a directed graph format - create a Graph::Reader::DGF module, with the following structure: package Graph::Reader::DGF; use Graph::Reader; use vars qw(@ISA); @ISA = qw(Graph::Reader); sub _read_graph { my $self = shift; my $graph = shift; my $FILE = shift; while (<$FILE>) { } return 1; } 1; Note the leading underscore on the _read_graph() method. The base class provides the public method, and invokes the private method which you're expected to provide, as above. If you want to perform additional initialisation at construction time, you can provide an _init() method, which will be invoked by the base class's constructor. You should invoke the superclass's initialiser as well, as follows: sub _init { my $self = shift; $self->SUPER::_init(); # your initialisation here } Someone can then use your class as follows: use Graph::Reader::DGF; $reader = Graph::Reader::DGF->new(); $graph = $reader->read_graph('foo.dgf'); SEE ALSO
Graph Jarkko Hietaniemi's modules for representing directed graphs, available from CPAN under modules/by-module/Graph/ Algorithms in Perl This O'Reilly book has a chapter on directed graphs, which is based around Jarkko's modules. Graph::Reader::XML A simple subclass of this class for reading a simple XML format for directed graphs. Graph::Writer A baseclass for Graph file format writers. AUTHOR
Neil Bowers <neil@bowers.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2001-2012, Neil Bowers. All rights reserved. Copyright (c) 2001, Canon Research Centre Europe. All rights reserved. This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-02-14 Graph::Reader(3pm)