Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed and recognizing a runtime parameter Post 302503698 by malts18 on Friday 11th of March 2011 10:37:43 AM
Old 03-11-2011
sed and recognizing a runtime parameter

I thought I posted this before, but cannot see the post, so will re-post.
Apologies if it now appears twice !

My script prompts for a 7 digit parameter : read f1
I then run a find command to search for files with $f1 in its contents :
find . -print | grep $f1 {file} > temp1
I then run a cut to extract only the characters I want :
cut -c25-33,47-62 temp1 > temp2.
temp2 should no longer have $f1 in its contents, as it was in columns 18-24 prior to the cut.
However, if I look at temp2, I can see the contents of $f1 in columns 20-26.
This is because there is a date/time combination at the row end, & the format of jobno can fit .
Eg jobno 8100029
A row from temp2 : Z12345678ZZZ07012008100029

Is there a sed command that will allow me to delete these rows if I find pattern $f1 present ?

I tried export f1 and then sed “s/${f1}/d”
but got a garbled command message.

Many thanks !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing * character

i have a short script that takes a filename and secure copies the file to a remote machine. i'd like to be able to take a * character and secure copy all the files in the directory. first of all, how would i compare $1 to see if it's a * character? if or didn't do it. second question is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: csejl
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

recognizing *.* in find

hi folks, I am trying to write a script for deleting all the files which are older than "N" days from current directory. CODE: FileName="*.*" NumDays=-1 echo $FileName echo $NumDays find * -prune -name $FileName -mtime $NumDays -exec rm {} \; Now the problem here is when i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnath
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I make dynamic parameter names? Or get the value of a parameter evaluated twi

Say I write something like the following: var1=1 var2=2 for int in 1 2 do echo "\$var$int" done I want the output to be: 1 2 Instead I get something like: $var1 $var2 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Passing Parameter in SED command

Hi, I am trying to replace a URL by another URL in the SED command e.g. cat dir/filename1 | sed -e 's/"http:\/\/*dtd"/"http:\/\/abc.def.com\/xyz.dtd"/' > dir/newfile.xml But I need to pass a parameter to the SED command which should have the new url string i.e.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed script to read values from parameter files

Hi, I am writing a shell program that executes a lot of Oracle SQL Files on different databases based on the enviroment setting value. I am trying to design a parameter file where i can store the environment values for all the databases in the below format Environment File File Name... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing in regular expression as a parameter to sed

Hi All, Im using Bash. I have a pipe delimited config file which contains 3 columns, 1st column = location of a file to be chnaged 2 column = expression to find within file 3rd column = string to replace. A script will loop through the contetnts of this file and apply the changes using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter in sed or awk commands to print for the specific line in a file

Hi, I am trying to print a specific line in a file through sed or awk. The line number will be passed as a parameter from the previous step. My code looks as below. TEMP3=`sed -n '$TEMP2p' $FILEPATH/Log.txt` $TEMP2, I am getting from the previous step which is a numerical value(eg:3). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyasrin82
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

pass parameter to SED

My script(ksh) works fine for --------------------------------------------------- sed -n '28,31p' ${l_name} >> ${LOG_DIR}/Email.txt --------------------------------------------------- But I wand to pass parrmeter to this syntax I did the following things ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep_kol
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter substitution is not working with sed

I am trying add a prefix variable(string) to command output. sed parameter substitution is not working. - I have found some issues on my end of testing,, please delete this thread for now. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
1 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Recognizing storage from server

Hi, I need to know what are the storages attached to some of our corporate servers. I run this command from the server only to get a list of WWNs : # /usr/local/bin/evainfo -a Devicefile Array WWNN Capacity ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anaigini45
1 Replies
RDMA_POST_RECV(3)					   Librdmacm Programmer's Manual					 RDMA_POST_RECV(3)

NAME
rdma_post_recv - post a work request to receive an incoming message. SYNOPSIS
#include <rdma/rdma_verbs.h> int rdma_post_recv (struct rdma_cm_id *id, void *context, void *addr, size_t length, struct ibv_mr *mr); ARGUMENTS
id A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer will be posted. context User-defined context associated with the request. addr The address of the memory buffer to post. length The length of the memory buffer. mr A registered memory region associated with the posted buffer. DESCRIPTION
Posts a work request to the receive queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The posted buffer will be queued to receive an incoming message sent by the remote peer. RETURN VALUE
Returns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason. NOTES
The user is responsible for ensuring that a receive buffer is posted and large enough to contain all sent data before the peer posts the corresponding send message. The message buffer must have been registered before being posted, with the mr parameter referencing the regis- tration. The buffer must remain registered until the receive completes. Messages may be posted to an rdma_cm_id only after a queue pair has been associated with it. A queue pair is bound to an rdma_cm_id after calling rdma_create_ep or rdma_create_qp, if the rdma_cm_id is allocated using rdma_create_id. The user-defined context associated with the receive request will be returned to the user through the work completion wr_id, work request identifier, field. SEE ALSO
rdma_cm(7), rdma_create_id(3), rdma_create_ep(3), rdma_create_qp(3), rdma_reg_read(3), ibv_reg_mr(3), ibv_dereg_mr(3), rdma_post_recvv(3), rdma_post_send(3) librdmacm 2010-07-19 RDMA_POST_RECV(3)