Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: is this a bug of g++?
Top Forums Programming is this a bug of g++? Post 302503611 by jlliagre on Friday 11th of March 2011 05:14:33 AM
Old 03-11-2011
It isn't the same, at least with my tests here. cin.sync() doesn't flush the buffer so I experience the same issue with it. Reading cin in a string breaks the endless loop.
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Bug has developed

Guys there is another bug that has developed.........now messaged above 6 bytes are trimmed and echoed back to client.After the first message the echo is not regular.I have put a loop in both client and server to check for closing.Moreover for connection close i also need to put another clause that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjunjag
3 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Have I found a bug?

When searching for new posts, I see that my voting in one of the polls counts as a 'new post'. However, while the '<blah> minutes ago' entry updates correctly, the 'by <username>' is the last user to actually post a comment in the poll instead. Result: Poll: vB Guest Book 39... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Smiling Dragon
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

logrotate bug?

I have been mailing myself logs for a while, but just ran into a problem because of a process that cannot HUP its log. (I realize thats why they implemented the "copytruncate" option in the first place) When I use logrotate with "copytruncate" and "compress" there is a problem. The "myScript"... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it a bug ..?

Hi All, I am using Red Hat Linux on my servers. The problem that I am facing is, sometimes the /opt usage on the server shows used percentage as 100% , when actually it is simply 20%. When I reboot the system, it comes back to 20%.Is this a bug in the system or my settings have gone wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

5. AIX

bug in 43 ???

xxxxserver# lsattr -El inet0 | grep 255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 | grep '.40' route net,-hopcount,1,-netmask,255.240.0.0,32.224.0.0,32.78.120.254 How this is possible? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

where's the bug?

#!/bin/bash if then #echo "infinite loop" exit 0 fi when I run this file I get the following error: ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `fi' ./test_infinite_loop: line 5: `fi' :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jon80
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fix this bug?

Hi gurus, I have script as below: #!/bin/ksh while : do cat /dev/null > srcfile exit_time=`TZ=GMT-20 date +%Y%m%d1950` cur_time=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` flag=1 if ; then ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A $(( expression )) bug?

This is for the big guns... I have been modifying AudioScope.sh to bring it inline with more current practices. I hit a bug which IS not present in the original code but was after modification. Shell check first:- #!/bin/sh txt="1234567890" echo "$(( $txt ))" echo "$(( ${#txt} - 1 ))" echo... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
17 Replies
SYNC(2) 						      BSD System Calls Manual							   SYNC(2)

NAME
sync -- synchronize disk block in-core status with that on disk LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> void sync(void); DESCRIPTION
The sync() function forces a write of dirty (modified) buffers in the block buffer cache out to disk. The kernel keeps this information in core to reduce the number of disk I/O transfers required by the system. As information in the cache is lost after a system crash, kernel thread ioflush ensures that dirty buffers are synced to disk eventually. By default, a dirty buffer is synced after 30 seconds, but some filesystems exploit ioflush features to sync directory data and metadata faster (after 15 and 10 seconds, respectively). The function fsync(2) may be used to synchronize individual file descriptor attributes. CAUTIONS
Many modern disks contain write-back caches. In theory sync() flushes these. In practice there are many possible ways for this mechanism to go astray. It is prudent (where possible) to allow a few seconds after syncing for everything to settle before e.g. turning off the power. It may also be desirable to use dkctl(8) or scsictl(8) to disable the write-back cache entirely. SEE ALSO
fsync(2), dkctl(8), scsictl(8), sync(8) HISTORY
A sync() function call appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. Historically, sync() would schedule buffers for writing but not actually wait for the writes to finish. It was necessary to issue a second or sometimes a third call to ensure that all buffers had in fact been written out. In NetBSD, sync() does not return until all buffers have been written. BSD
March 25, 2009 BSD