Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: posting delayed for approval
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators posting delayed for approval Post 302503459 by Perderabo on Thursday 10th of March 2011 03:43:51 PM
Old 03-10-2011
The software does that based on some filters that don't always work very well. I believe that I found and approved the post. Sorry for the inconvienence and I agree, no rules were broken.
These 2 Users Gave Thanks to Perderabo For This Post:

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

International Approval for Single UNIX Spec

The joint revision to POSIX and the Single UNIX Specification have received international approval by the ISO/IEC and have become International Standard ISO/IEC 9945:2002. See http://www.unix.org/version3/ for information on the specification, including how to read and/or download a free copy of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jj25
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Telnet/FTP: Delayed Connection

Hi, I use a Solaris9 SPARC, NetraT4 machine which I connect to using telnet/FTP from Windows. But of late both the connections take quite a while to open a session. The problem occurs even when no one is connected to the system. The system works at normal speed once connected to. What might be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahatma
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

formating a USB which is throwing error write delayed

Hello, while i was saving a web file directing on to usb location there was some network problem which result in error WRITE DELAYED on windows xp. so pen drive is not getting completely formated(show as Windows was unable to complete format).From then onwords it is not allowing to copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarnathbasis8
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash variable delayed expansion?

i write a batch file , here is the content. dirname='date +%Y-%m-%d' mkdir dirname but it doen's work, it just create a folder named date and +%Y-%m-%d. i have tried run the command seperately in the bash prompt. after the first sentence executed , i use $dirname to watch the value of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: premotheus
4 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

AIX prompt delayed when users increase

I am facing a situation where when there are lesser users, i am able to login to the AIX server. If the number of users increase - the login prompt is getting delayed. Sometimes even timeout occurs. This is after the upgrade to AIX 7.1 TL 4. Can someone suggest a way to overcome this situation? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
6 Replies
MASON(1)																  MASON(1)

NAME
mason - interactively create a firewall SYNOPSIS
mason < logfile > rulefile DESCRIPTION
This manual page briefly documents the mason command. mason interactively generates a set of firewall rules for a Linux-based firewall. This is done by turning on full IP logging, watching the logs for connections, and generating rules describing the connections seen. mason is familiar with most of the quirks of various connec- tion types (such as ftp and IRC), and can output rules for 2.0.x ipfwadm, 2.2.x ipchains, and Cisco packet filters. mason operates by reading in log file information from standard input and writing firewall rules to standard output. This allows mason to work offline or on a separate system. Real-time firewall generation can be achieved with a command like tail(1). Most users will want to run mason with a user-friendly interface such as mason-gui-text(1). ENVIRONMENT
mason is configured using the following environment variables. ECHOCOMMAND Sets the type of firewall rules that mason should output to standard out. Allowed values include "ipfwadm" and "ipchains". By default, mason outputs whatever kind of rules are supported by the currently running Linux kernel. DOCOMMAND Sets the type of firewall rules that mason should run immediately when a rule is generated. Allowed values include "ipfwadm" and "ipchains". By default, mason outputs whatever kind of rules are supported by the currently running Linux kernel. HEARTBEAT If set to "yes", mason will output a "+" or "-" to standard error whenever a rule generated by mason has been triggered. DYNIP Set this to the list of interfaces that have dynamically assigned addresses, separated by spaces. SEE ALSO
mason-gui-text(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Jeff Licquia <jeff@luci.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). MASON(1)