Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Preferred Solaris 10 AMP stack Post 302503372 by Sol-nova on Thursday 10th of March 2011 10:18:51 AM
Old 03-10-2011
Hi Duke,

Thanks for the reply, I had seen XAMPP and it was the only thing I could see that fits the bill. I was hoping that something similar to webstack would have been provided by Oracle. But I guess that's a bit of a pipe dream.

The critical part is PHP, I believe Apache and MySQL are both provided and supported by Oracle. I have seen the PHP package on Sun freeware but would like to keep to Oracle supported software...

Maybe I'm asking too much,

Thanks again

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbers & stack commands

Hi everyone, Sorry I keep asking these stupid perl questions here. They're not any sort of assignment or anything like that, I'm just browsing through the book "Learning Perl" and I'm finding that I can do some of their practice exercises just fine, but others give me some trouble. Right now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason_v
1 Replies

2. Programming

User Frame & Stack

Can anybody tell me what a user frame & stack looks like on a sun, hp, powerpc system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Budnik
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

get stack trace from C program on Solaris 8

I'm on solaris 8. I need to check the stack trace inside my C program. I don't have printstack or walkstack. I tested getcontext and it works. But how do I get the symbols from "stack_t" ? Help please. Many thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydahl
4 Replies

4. Linux

VMware ESX server && Solaris 10 on same PC ??

Hi all, I tried to install Solaris 10 and then VMware ESX server v3.02 on the same PC (or hard drive). But after successfully installing Solaris 10, when I installed Vmware ESX Server on the same drive(but on different partition, boot menu is not coming. It is just booting Vmware only. Pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which file manager is preferred?

When I was using windowsXP I encountered a file manager called UltraExplorer http://www.mustangpeak.net/ultraexplorer.html that appeared really impressive. Now in the Linux/UNIX world I was pointed towards a similar idea called 4Pane http://www.4pane.co.uk/ I'm surprised to do a search on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catch22
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure dual stack on existing Solaris 10

I have a Solaris 10 server with the following interfaces: ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0: flags=209040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4,NOFAILOVER,CoS> mtu 1500 index... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
8 Replies
OCI_SET_ACTION(3)														 OCI_SET_ACTION(3)

oci_set_action - Sets the action name

SYNOPSIS
bool oci_set_action (resource $connection, string $action_name) DESCRIPTION
Sets the action name for Oracle tracing. The action name is registered with the database when the next 'roundtrip' from PHP to the database occurs, typically when an SQL statement is executed. The action name can subsequently be queried from database administration views such as V$SESSION. It can be used for tracing and monitor- ing such as with V$SQLAREA and DBMS_MONITOR.SERV_MOD_ACT_STAT_ENABLE. The value may be retained across persistent connections. PARAMETERS
o $connection -An Oracle connection identifier, returned by oci_connect(3), oci_pconnect(3), or oci_new_connect(3). o $action_name - User chosen string up to 32 bytes long. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Setting the action <?php $c = oci_connect('hr', 'welcome', 'localhost/XE'); // Record the action oci_set_action($c, 'Friend Lookup'); // Code that causes a roundtrip, for example a query: $s = oci_parse($c, 'select * from dual'); oci_execute($s); oci_fetch_all($s, $res); sleep(30); ?> // While the script is running, the administrator can see the actions // being performed: sqlplus system/welcome SQL> select action from v$session; NOTES
Note Oracle version requirement This function is available when PHP is linked with Oracle Database libraries from version 10 g onwards. Tip Performance With older versions of OCI8 or the Oracle Database, the client information can be set using the Oracle DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO pack- age. This is less efficient than using oci_set_client_info(3). Caution Roundtrip Gotcha Some but not all OCI8 functions cause roundtrips. Roundtrips to the database may not occur with queries when result caching is enabled. SEE ALSO
oci_set_module_name(3), oci_set_client_info(3), oci_set_client_identifier(3). PHP Documentation Group OCI_SET_ACTION(3)