Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: grep searching interval
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting grep searching interval Post 302503260 by newcommer on Thursday 10th of March 2011 04:54:36 AM
Old 03-10-2011
it works, thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep - searching for a specific string

ppl, this is my "file" with fields orderno orderdate orderdesc telno street city 1 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 2 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 3 01/04/2006 abc 123 100 tampa 4 01/04/2006 abc ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP Searching for a newbie...

Hi, I really need some help with GREP searching... I need to find all occurances of a file reference and remove two characters from the end of the reference. For example, here are a few lines showing the text: <image file="STRAIGHT_004CR.jpg" ALT="STRAIGHT_004CR.jpg" /> <image... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: steveglevin
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching using grep command

Hi, i have a file called alert_pindb.log i need to grep and count for all the lines starting with "ORA-" but i need to exclude the line which is having "ORA-00600 " i am using following syntax to count the ORA- nos "grep \"ORA-\" alert_pindb.log | wc -l"; since ORA- may be anything... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare the interval of 2 numbers of input2with interval of several numbers of input1

Help plz Does any one have any idea how to compare interval ranges of 2 files. finding 1-4 (1,2,3,4) of input2 in input1 of same key "a" values (5-10, 30-40, 45-60, 80-90, 100-120 ). Obviously 1-4 is not one of the range with in input1 a. so it should give out of range. finding 30-33(31,32,33)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: repinementer
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

searching fileextentions (suffix) with grep and/or test

Hello, I have a problem. I will search files on fileextentions (suffix). It can with the command find, but I will do it with the commands grep and/or test. When i start the script I will see all files with that extention (suffix). Can anyone help me, please? Thanks! Regards, Arjan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arjanengbers
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep searching

I am making a script but having little problem. at one part I need to find one number format or other format from a file.. those formats are xxx-xx-xxxx or xxxxxxxxx i tried grep '( \{3\}-\{2\}-\{3\} |\{9\})' if i do them sepratly it work but like this it is not working Please check... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Learnerabc
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

dynamic string searching for grep

hi my code is something like count=0 echo "oracle TABLESPACE NAME nd TARGET" while do count=`expr $count + 1` (1) tts_space_name$count=`echo $tts | cut -d "," -f$count` (2) target$count=grep $(tts_space_name$count)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gl@)!aTor
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple patters using grep

i have a file as below grepfile.txt ---------------- RNTO command successful No such file or directory Authentication failed if i seach individually for 'RNTO command successful' or 'No such file or directory' using grep -i as below, im gettting result. grep -i 'No such file or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JSKOBS
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for exact match using grep

I am searching for an exact match on a value read from another file to lookup an email address in another file. The file being checked is called "contacts" and it has Act #, email address, and contact person. 1693;abc1693@yahoo.comt;Tommy D 6423;abc6423@yahoo.comt;Jim Doran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ziggy6
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Text after searching via grep

Hi Team, I have a file with the following patterns: ==> xyz_Server_Started_with_Errors <== errors. ==> abc_Server_Started_with_Errors <== errors ==> reds_Server_Started_with_Errors <== errorss I want them in this format: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankur328
5 Replies
AIC(4)							 BSD/i386 Kernel Interfaces Manual						    AIC(4)

NAME
aic -- Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI driver SYNOPSIS
device aic In /boot/device.hints: hint.aic.0.at="isa" DESCRIPTION
The aic driver provides support for the Adaptec AIC-6260 and AIC-6360 SCSI controller chips. Many systems that use these controller chips do not have a boot ROM and therefore cannot be booted from. HARDWARE
The adapters supported by the aic driver include: o Adaptec AHA-1505 (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1510A, AHA-1510B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1520A, AHA-1520B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1522A, AHA-1522B (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1535 (ISA) o Creative Labs SoundBlaster SCSI host adapter (ISA) o Adaptec AHA-1460, AHA-1460B, AHA-1460C, AHA-1460D (PC Card) o Adaptec AHA-1030B, AHA-1030P (PC98) o NEC PC-9801-100 (PC98) SEE ALSO
aha(4), ahb(4), ahc(4), cd(4), ch(4), da(4), intro(4), sa(4) BUGS
The driver does not work well with multiple devices on the SCSI bus. The driver works well with devices like CDROMs and Tape drives. The driver works not so well with disk drives. The PC Card version appears to work better than the ISA version, but that may be due to differing levels of testing of the devices. BSD
November 8, 2003 BSD