Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Preferred Solaris 10 AMP stack Post 302503259 by Sol-nova on Thursday 10th of March 2011 04:52:38 AM
Old 03-10-2011
Preferred Solaris 10 AMP stack

Hi all,

After being dumped in a Solaris sysadmin role, i have been trying to tidy the unpatched mess I have inherited. Part of this task is to update the current AMP stack.

The current stack is Webstack 1.5, which was current in 2009, and as far as I can see, no longer supported. Post the Oracle acquisition however, I cannot see a suitable, Oracle supported alternative. Does anyone have any suggestions?

In terms of requirements, it should be a supported solution, preferably by Oracle. I cannot compile from source (operational reasons, not because I am lazy Smilie), so packages would be prefereable. The solution must contain PHP.

Id really appreciate any replies.

Sol

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Numbers & stack commands

Hi everyone, Sorry I keep asking these stupid perl questions here. They're not any sort of assignment or anything like that, I'm just browsing through the book "Learning Perl" and I'm finding that I can do some of their practice exercises just fine, but others give me some trouble. Right now... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jason_v
1 Replies

2. Programming

User Frame & Stack

Can anybody tell me what a user frame & stack looks like on a sun, hp, powerpc system? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: John Budnik
0 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

get stack trace from C program on Solaris 8

I'm on solaris 8. I need to check the stack trace inside my C program. I don't have printstack or walkstack. I tested getcontext and it works. But how do I get the symbols from "stack_t" ? Help please. Many thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rydahl
4 Replies

4. Linux

VMware ESX server && Solaris 10 on same PC ??

Hi all, I tried to install Solaris 10 and then VMware ESX server v3.02 on the same PC (or hard drive). But after successfully installing Solaris 10, when I installed Vmware ESX Server on the same drive(but on different partition, boot menu is not coming. It is just booting Vmware only. Pls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikas027
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

which file manager is preferred?

When I was using windowsXP I encountered a file manager called UltraExplorer http://www.mustangpeak.net/ultraexplorer.html that appeared really impressive. Now in the Linux/UNIX world I was pointed towards a similar idea called 4Pane http://www.4pane.co.uk/ I'm surprised to do a search on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: catch22
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Configure dual stack on existing Solaris 10

I have a Solaris 10 server with the following interfaces: ifconfig -a lo0: flags=2001000849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST,IPv4,VIRTUAL> mtu 8232 index 1 inet 127.0.0.1 netmask ff000000 e1000g0: flags=209040843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DEPRECATED,IPv4,NOFAILOVER,CoS> mtu 1500 index... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: e_mikey_2000
8 Replies
Session::Store::Oracle(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Session::Store::Oracle(3)

NAME
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle - Store persistent data in a Oracle database SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; my $store = new Apache::Session::Store::Oracle; $store->insert($ref); $store->update($ref); $store->materialize($ref); $store->remove($ref); DESCRIPTION
Apache::Session::Store::Oracle fulfills the storage interface of Apache::Session. Session data is stored in a Oracle database. SCHEMA
To use this module, you will need at least these columns in a table called 'sessions': id varchar2(32) # or however long your session IDs are. a_session long To create this schema, you can execute this command using the sqlplus program: CREATE TABLE sessions ( id varchar2(32) not null primary key, a_session long ); If you use some other command, ensure that there is a unique index on the table's id column. CONFIGURATION
The module must know what datasource, username, and password to use when connecting to the database. These values can be set using the options hash (see Apache::Session documentation). The options are DataSource, UserName, and Password. Example: tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { DataSource => 'dbi:Oracle:database', UserName => 'database_user', Password => 'K00l' }; Instead, you may pass in an already-opened DBI handle to your database. tie %hash, 'Apache::Session::Oracle', $id, { Handle => $dbh }; The last option is LongReadLen, which specifies the maximum size of the session object. If not supplied, the default maximum size is 8 KB. AUTHOR
This modules was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org> A fix for the commit policy was contributed by Michael Schout <mschout@gkg.net> SEE ALSO
Apache::Session, Apache::Session::Store::DBI perl v5.12.1 2007-09-28 Session::Store::Oracle(3)